Pensions in Pakistan are provisions which are provided to retired employees. Because only the retired formal sector mostly benefits from pensions, most of the social schemes and retirement welfare system in the country cover a small proportion of the old-age population, whereas a significant proportion of the elderly population working in the informal sector remains largely unprotected by these social security schemes. There have been calls for devising and implementing reform in the pension sector of the country in a way where there is efficient deployment of resources and the eligible, yet economically disadvantaged portion of the retired population, is also entitled to receive and be endowed with this social security right.
- Directions for Pensions in Pakistan. Social Security, Pensions & Retirement Income eJournal. Social Science Research Network (SSRN). Accessed 7 February 2021.
- Pension and Social Security Schemes in Pakistan: Some Policy Options by Naushin Mahmood & Zafar Mueen Nasir (Pakistan Institute of Development Economics) - 2008
- Pakistan Pension Fund (PPF)
- National Savings - Pension Accounts
- Pension and Social Security Schemes in Pakistan: Some Policy Options
- Overseas Pakistanis Foundation - Pensions
- Employees Old-Age Benefits