Patrick Rodgers Farm
Patrick Rodgers Ranch
|Location||315 Cortsen Rd., Pleasant Hill, California|
|Coordinates||37°56′35.04″N 122°5′12.88″W / 37.9430667°N 122.0869111°WCoordinates: 37°56′35.04″N 122°5′12.88″W / 37.9430667°N 122.0869111°W|
|Area||1.7 acres (0.69 ha)|
|NRHP reference No.||91000305|
|Added to NRHP||March 22, 1991|
The Patrick Rodgers Farm, or Rodgers Ranch is a historic home and ranch located in Pleasant Hill, California. In 1991, the property was listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
In 1868, Patrick Rodgers and his family moved to this area from the Sierra Nevada region to what was then a 149-acre (60 ha) farm. Patrick Rodgers died in 1891 leaving the ranch to his heirs. 16 years later the property was divided among his heirs. Alice and James Rodgers received a 38-acre (15 ha) portion containing the house and barn which were constructed in the 1860s.
In 1915, the ranch was sold to Rollo Hough, a partner in the Luther Burbank Company, to become a demonstration farm, but because of financial difficulties it never came to be. A few years later the property was reduced to 18 acres (7.3 ha) and remained that size until the area was developed. In 1937, author Alice Hobart purchased the property.
In 1942, the ranch was sold to Kaho Daily, who maintained it as a working ranch until 1978. A development for single family homes was approved in 1987. The Pleasant Hill Historical Society stepped in to save what remained of the ranch and the property was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1991.
- ^ a b "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. July 9, 2010.
- ^ Ellen Stevahn; Elizabeth Isles (July 25, 1990). "National Register of Historic Places Registration: Patrick Rodgers Farm / Rodgers Ranch". National Park Service. Retrieved November 20, 2019. With accompanying nine photos
- History of Contra Costa County, California
- Historic districts on the National Register of Historic Places in California
- National Register of Historic Places in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Houses in Contra Costa County, California
- Ranches on the National Register of Historic Places in California
- San Francisco Bay Area Registered Historic Place stubs
- Contra Costa County, California geography stubs