Pat Hawkins (hurdler)
Pat Hawkins (born 1951/1952 (age 70–71)) is a former US national champion sprinter and hurdler, and the former American record holder in the women's 200-meter hurdles.
Hawkins represented Brooklyn's Atoms Track Club, founded by Fred Thompson, later an assistant coach for the 1988 US Olympic track and field team.
Hawkins was a four-time US national champion in the women's 200-meter hurdles from 1969 to 1972. In 1971, she set an American record in the 200-meter hurdles, improving upon her existing American record with a time of 26.1 seconds. She won a silver medal in the 100 meter dash at the 1971 USA Outdoor Track and Field Championships and a bronze medal at the 1972 USA Outdoor Track and Field Championships in the 200-meter hurdles.
She won the US National Indoor Championship 60-meter dash in 1971.
She was a member of the 1971 Pan American Games gold-medal-winning 4x100-meter relay team.
She won the women's track and field AAU prize in 1970.
- ^ a b "Pat Hawkins Sets U.S. Hurdle Mark". New York Times. July 11, 1971.
- ^ "Atoms Track Club Places 5 on All‐American Unit". New York Times. December 3, 1970.
- ^ Amdur, Neil (February 1, 1972). "Atoms Club Mapping Road to Munich". New York Times.
- ^ "USA Outdoor Track & Field Champions – Women's 400 m Hurdles". Archived from the original on November 6, 2019.
- ^ A previous run of 26.1 seconds was wind-aided. See: "Brooklyn Girls Again Shatter World Record in Mile Relay". New York Times. July 5, 1970.
- ^ "Track and Field Statistics". trackfield.brinkster.net.
- ^ "A.A.U. Prize Winners". New York Times. May 14, 1970.
- Living people
- 1950s births
- American female hurdlers
- World Athletics Championships athletes for the United States
- Athletes (track and field) at the 1971 Pan American Games
- USA Outdoor Track and Field Championships winners
- USA Indoor Track and Field Championships winners
- Pan American Games medalists in athletics (track and field)
- Pan American Games gold medalists for the United States
- Medalists at the 1971 Pan American Games
- 21st-century American women
- American hurdler stubs