This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2009)
Parliament of Andalusia
Parlamento de Andalucía
Second Vice President
Third Vice President
|19 June 2022|
|Hospital de las Cinco Llagas, Seville|
The Parliament of Andalusia (Spanish: Parlamento de Andalucía) is the legislature of the Spanish autonomous community of Andalusia instituted by the Andalusian Charter of Autonomy of 1981. It is elected by the residents of Andalusia every four years.
- To elect the President of the Autonomous Government of Andalusia.
- To pass the Andalusian regional legislation in the business of its competence.
- To pass the budget of Andalusia
- To control the action of the Andalusian Autonomous Government Administration and the autonomous agencies, public companies and all other bodies answerable to it. Such as
- The local authorities in the Andalusian territory, as well as the autonomous agencies and public companies answerable to them.
- Andalusian Public Universities.
- Andalusian Chambers of Commerce and other institutions mostly financed by public funds.
The Andalusian Parliament consists of 109 Members elected for four year terms in proportional party lists using the D'Hondt method in eight constituencies, being each one of the Andalusian provinces. If more than five MPs are elected for any party they will form a Parliamentary Group.
After the 2018 elections, the PSOE-A was the largest party, as has happened in every election, but for the first time in the history of the regional parliament, there was a majority of right-of-centre parties. Center-right People's Party and Citizens formed a coalition government with confidence and supply from far-right Vox.
The seat of the Andalusian Parliament is located in Seville, the capital city of Andalusia. Its building is the former Hospital of the Cinco Llagas ("Five Wounds"). Built in 1546 by order of Don Fadrique Enríquez de Ribera. It was designed by Martín de Gainza. The building was used as a hospital until 1972. In 1986 the plans for turning the building into the headquarters of Andalusia's parliament were drawn up, and the building was inaugurated as the seat of the Andalusian Parliament on 28 February 1992, the Andalusia Day.
- "2018 Parliament of Andalusia election. Definitive results". juntadeandalucia.es (in Spanish). Regional Government of Andalusia. Retrieved 14 July 2020.
- "El edificio. Parlamento de Andalucía". Parlamento de Andalucía (in Spanish). Retrieved 2020-07-14.
- Andalusian Parliament Website (in Spanish)