Type of site
|Written in||English, Urdu|
Parhlo is a daily digital newspaper published in both English and Urdu languages. News articles on current affairs on Parhlo are published from a number of different cities on a daily basis simultaneously. Parhlo.com takes an unorthodox outlook on traditional journalism in Pakistan, encouraging citizen journalism via crowd-sourced content.
Founded by Yasir Shirazi, Faiza Zafar and Irfan Burney, who teamed up with Shoaib Shamsi in 2014, Parhlo was a test-project for creating a youth-based publishing brand in Pakistan. Parhlo.com began when Yasir identified a lack of space for young writers in the publishing industry.
Parhlo's 'Your Voice' features public provided content from all around the world. People bring their issues and opinions on different topics, including those regarded as taboo, onto the national stage through Parhlo's audience across different social media platforms. In the last 4 years, more than 8,500 writers have submitted their personal experiences, stories, and op-eds to Parhlo.com.
Popular articles and Press coverage
Since its founding in 2014, Parhlo has grown in visibility within traditional and social media in Pakistan. Exclusive stories featured on Parhlo have been further shared by other publishing houses such as Dawn Aurora, Daily Pakistan, Siasat.pk, ARY News, and many others.
Some of the prominent articles by Parhlo include a satire piece on Humayun Saeed, playing the role of Islamabad in Money Heist. The article made Humayun Saeed respond to Parhlo. Other prominent articles and feats include Parhlo's coverage of the India-Pakistan standoff in February 2019. Parhlo has featured dozens of Pakistani celebrities in exclusive interviews, coverage and by promoting their work. Parhlo is widely cited by authors and writers in their work. The category that Parhlo is best known for is covering topics that traditional media has shied away from.
- "After chaiwala, Netizens are crushing on this 'tarbooz wala' from Pakistan". The Indian Express. 2018-05-31. Retrieved 2020-09-20.
- Bhatti, Eleazar (2018-05-08). "Why content is king for Propergaanda". Profit by Pakistan Today. Retrieved 2020-09-20.
- "These 9 Pakistani Startups are making an impact and you should definitely know about them!". TechJuice. 2017-08-31. Retrieved 2020-09-20.
- "Dear misogynist from Parhlo, this is what Pakistani feminists want you to know". The Express Tribune. 2017-03-28. Retrieved 2020-09-20.
- "Pakistani Female proud by winning 'The Diana Award' second year". Technology Times. 2020-07-03. Retrieved 2020-09-20.
- "The countries that don't celebrate Christmas". The Week UK. Retrieved 2020-09-20.
- "Pakistani duo showcases lighter side of country for fed-up millennials". The Express Tribune. 2017-02-24. Retrieved 2020-09-20.
- News Desk (2020-09-25). "Judicial commission report on APS released to media". Global Village Space. Retrieved 2020-09-25.
- "No, Humayun Saeed will not be starring in 'Money Heist'". The Express Tribune. 2020-02-04. Retrieved 2020-10-03.
- A, Muniza (2019-08-17). "India Just Gave An Indirect Nuclear Threat To Pakistan And Pakistanis Are Ready For It!". Parhlo. Retrieved 2020-10-03.