پاکستان انجینئرنگ کونسل
|Formation||10 January 1976|
|Purpose||Educational accreditation, Regulation and licensure in engineering|
|Headquarters||Ataturk Avenue (East), G-5/2, Islamabad|
|Urdu and English|
|Engr. Muhammad Najeeb Haroon|
Senior Vice Chairman
|Engr Nayyar Saeed|
|Ministry of Science and Technology (MoST)|
|Affiliations||International Engineering Alliance (IEA)|
Higher Education Commission of Pakistan
The Pakistan Engineering Council (Urdu: پاکستان انجینئرنگ کونسل; acronym: PEC) is a professional body for accreditation of engineering education and regulation of engineering profession in Pakistan. It was established on 10 January 1976 by the Parliament under the PEC Act, 1976. The council also registers engineers and professional engineers and grants license to consulting and constructing/operating engineering firms working in Pakistan.
Pakistan Engineering Council represents the engineering community in the country and assists the Government of Pakistan at the federal and provincial levels. It also acts as a think tank to the government and undertakes efforts to establish scientific standards for engineering innovations and services. Its headquarters is located in Islamabad and regional/branch/liaison offices are located in main cities of Pakistan. The council became a provisional member of Washington Accord in 2010 and was admitted as a full member in 2017.
- Washington Accord
- International Professional Engineers Agreement (IPEA)
- Federation of Engineering Institutions of Asia and the Pacific (FEIAP)
- Federation of Engineering Institutions of Islamic Countries (FEIIC)
- Network of Accreditation Bodies for Engineering Education in Asia (NABEEA)
Pakistan Engineering Council headquarters are located at Ataturk Avenue (East) in the G-5/2 sector of Islamabad. President Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq laid the foundation stone of the building on 28 July 1987. The building became functional on 14 October 1992 after Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif inaugurated it.
- Karachi Branch Office (inaugurated on 23 June 1987)
- Lahore Branch Office (inaugurated on 30 January 1988)
- Quetta Branch Office (inaugurated on 17 February 1988)
- Peshawar Branch Office (inaugurated on 27 March 1988)
- Multan Branch Office (inaugurated on 1 June 2016)
- Hyderabad Branch Office (inaugurated on 1 June 2016)
- "PEC Governing Body 2018-21" (PDF). PEC.org website. Retrieved 8 August 2021.
- "Quality Assurance Agency Accreditation Councils". Higher Education Commission. Retrieved 8 August 2022.
- Pakistan Engineering Council Act, 1976 The Gazette of Pakistan, National Assembly of Pakistan website, Published 14 January 1976. Retrieved 8 August 2021
- "Brief History Pakistan Engineering Council - PEC". Pakistan Engineering Council. Retrieved 8 August 2022.
- "Memorandum signed between Chinese university, PEC". Dawn. 25 March 2021. Retrieved 8 August 2022.
- Overview of Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC) on Pakistan Engineering Congress.org website Retrieved 8 August 2021
- "Brief History". pec.org.pk. Retrieved 8 August 2021.
- "PEC Regional/Branch/Liason Offices Pakistan Engineering Council - PEC". Pakistan Engineering Council. Retrieved 8 August 2022.
- "Signatories » International Engineering Alliance". www.ieagreements.org. Retrieved 8 August 2022.
- "Members » International Engineering Alliance". www.ieagreements.org. Retrieved 8 August 2022.
- "Accreditation List". The Federation of Engineering Institutions of Asia and the Pacific. 19 January 2021. Retrieved 8 August 2022.