|8th Governor of Kerala|
27 October 1982 – 23 February 1988
|Chief Minister||K. Karunakaran|
E. K. Nayanar
|Preceded by||Jothi Venkatachalam|
|Succeeded by||Ram Dulari Sinha|
|8th Minister of Power|
26 March 1977 – 28 July 1979
|Prime Minister||Morarji Desai|
|Preceded by||K. C. Pant|
|Succeeded by||K. C. Pant|
|Born||11 July 1921|
|Died||23 May 2001 (aged 79)|
Tamil Nadu, India
|Political party||Indian National Congress|
|Children||3, (One son & two daughters)|
In the assembly he was elected from Peranamallur constituency as an Indian National Congress candidate in 1962. He was later elected to Lok Sabha from Chennai Central constituency as a Janata Party candidate in 1977.
Tamil Nadu Congress Committee President
Ramachandran served as a President of Tamil Nadu Congress Committee.
- "P. Ramachandran dead". The Hindu. 24 May 2001. Archived from the original on 4 May 2003. Retrieved 12 January 2012.
- 1962 Madras State Election Results, Election Commission of India
- Volume I, 1977 Indian general election, 6th Lok Sabha
- http://22.214.171.124/LssNew/Members/state1to12.aspx?state_name=Tamil%20Nadu[dead link]
- "Tamil Nadu Congress Committee". inctamilnadu.in. Retrieved 12 January 2012.