|Member of Parliament, Lok Sabha|
2 June 2004 – 17 June 2019
|Preceded by||T. Govindan|
|Succeeded by||Rajmohan Unnithan|
|Leader of Communist Party of India (Marxist) Parliamentary Party, Lok Sabha|
2014 - 2019
|Preceded by||Basudev Acharia|
|Succeeded by||P. R. Natarajan|
|Born||20 April 1945|
Kasaragod, Madras Presidency, British India
(now in Kerala, India)
|Political party||Communist Party of India (Marxist)|
|Relatives||A. K. Gopalan (Father-in-law)|
Susheela Gopalan (Mother-in-law)
|Residence(s)||Trivandrum, Kerala, India|
As of 23 September, 2006Source: 
P. Karunakaran (born 20 April 1945) is an Indian communist politician and a member of the 16th Lok Sabha of India. He represented the Kasargod constituency of Kerala and is a member of the Communist Party of India (Marxist) (CPI(M)) political party. He was elected to Lok Sabha for the first time in 2004 general election. He won the second term in 2009 Lok Sabha election. He got 385,522 votes against 321,095 of the Congress(I) candidate. He was the leader of the Loksabha for CPI(M) in the 16th Loksabha.
- Memories of Vietnam
- Indian Politics - Inside and Outside Parliament
- Suppression and Resistance
- Indian Politics - Outside and Inside Parliament (Second Part)
- "CPI(M) Office Bearers in Lok Sabha & Rajya Sabha". 9 June 2014. Archived from the original on 16 December 2014. Retrieved 16 December 2014.
- "KASARGOD PARLIAMENT CONSTITUENCY". Archived from the original on 21 June 2008. Retrieved 16 December 2014.
- http://india.gov.in/govt/loksabhampdetail.php?mpcode=4178 - Parliament of India website