Oregon Department of Consumer and Business Services
The Oregon Department of Consumer and Business Services (DCBS) is the agency of the government of the U.S. state of Oregon, which has wide-ranging regulatory and consumer-protection authority in Oregon. It administers laws and rules governing workers' compensation benefits, workplace safety and health, building codes, and the operation of both insurance companies and financial institutions.
The department provides services to both citizens and businesses, and as of 2006, had a budget of US$560 million, and employed a staff of 1,088.
- Building Codes
- Division of Financial Regulation
- Oregon Health Insurance Marketplace
- Oregon Senior Health Insurance Benefits Assistance Program
- Occupational Safety and Health
- Workers' Compensation
Independent professional licensing and regulatory agencies
In addition to licensing and regulating a vast array of professions, industries and trades directly, DCBS provides administrative support services to the state's several independent boards and commissions which have jurisdiction over particular professions or trades. It publishes guides and a website to assist business owners and professionals in determining and meeting licensing and regulatory requirements, whether or not under the direct jurisdiction of the department.
- Aircraft pilots and landing site operators:See Oregon Department of Aviation
- Architects:See Oregon Board of Architect Examiners
- Athletic trainers
- Body piercing
- Clinical Social Workers
- Cosmetologists, Barbers & Beauticians
- Counselors and Therapists
- Electrologists, colorists and tattoo artists
- Engineers and surveyors
- Geologists:See Oregon State Board of Geologist Examiners
- Landscape architects
- Landscape contractors
- Massage therapists
- Morticians & cemetery operators
- Nurses & Nurse practitioners
- Nursing home administrators
- Occupational therapists
- Physical therapists
- Physicians & physician assistants:See Oregon Medical Board
- Radiologic Technologists: The Oregon Board of Radiologic Technologists is responsible for the licensing of Radiologic Technologists within the State of Oregon. Licensing options include permanent licenses, permanent limited licenses, temporary licenses and temporary limited licenses.
- Speech therapists and audiologists
- Tax practitioners
- "Department of Consumer and Business Services - Administrative Overview". Oregon Blue Book (Online). Salem, Oregon: Oregon Secretary of State. 2006. Retrieved 2014-02-20.
- "Department of Consumer and Business Services: Administrative Overview". Oregon Secretary of State. May 2007. Retrieved 2012-02-18.