Open access in Norway
Open access scholarly communication of Norway can be searched via the Norwegian Open Research Archive (NORA).[note 1] "A national repository consortium, BIBSYS Brage, operates shared electronic publishing system on behalf of 56 institutions." Cappelen Damm Akademisk, Nordic Open Access Scholarly Publishing, University of Tromsø, and Universitetsforlaget belong to the Open Access Scholarly Publishers Association. Norwegian signatories to the international "Open Access 2020" campaign, launched in 2016, include CRIStin, Norsk institutt for bioøkonomi (Norwegian Institute of Bioeconomy Research, NIBIO), Norwegian Institute of Palaeography and Historical Philology, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Oslo and Akershus University College of Applied Sciences, University of Tromsø, University of Bergen, University of Oslo, and Wikimedia Norge.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (April 2018)
Key events in the development of open access in Norway include the following:
- Norsk Institutt for Palaeografi og Historisk Filologi signs the Berlin Declaration on Open Access to Knowledge in the Sciences and Humanities.
- CRIStin (Current Research Information System in Norway) launched.
- Comparative Research Programme on Poverty (CROP), a government agency, begins providing "open access to two of its publications: the CROP Series in International Poverty Poverty Studies and Global Challenges - Working Paper Series."
- Mikki, Susanne (2017). "Scholarly publications beyond pay-walls: increased citation advantage for open publishing". Scientometrics. 113 (3): 1529–1538. doi:10.1007/s11192-017-2554-0. ( Preprint version)
- "OA in Norway". Open Access in Practice: EU Member States. OpenAIRE. Retrieved 23 March 2018.
- "Members". Oaspa.org. The Hague: Open Access Scholarly Publishers Association. Retrieved 7 April 2018.
- "OA2020 Expression of Interest: List of Signatories". Oa2020.org. Münich: Max Planck Digital Library. Retrieved 10 June 2018.
- "Norway". Directory of Open Access Repositories. UK: University of Nottingham. Archived from the original on 6 February 2009. Retrieved 15 April 2018.
- "Berlin Declaration: Signatories", Openaccess.mpg.de, Munich: Max-Planck-Gesellschaft, retrieved 26 April 2018
- "About the conference". Munin Conference on Scholarly Publishing. UiT The Arctic University of Norway. Retrieved 7 June 2018.
- Nancy Pontika (ed.). "Timeline 2007". Open Access Directory. US: Simmons School of Library and Information Science. OCLC 757073363. Retrieved 26 April 2018.
- Birgit Schmidt; Iryna Kuchma (2012). Implementing Open Access Mandates in Europe: OpenAIRE Study on the Development of Open Access Repository Communities in Europe. Universitätsverlag Göttingen. ISBN 978-3-86395-095-8 – via Open Access Publishing in European Networks (OAPEN). (+ via Google Books)
- Nancy Pontika (ed.). "OA publication funds". Open Access Directory. US: Simmons School of Library and Information Science. OCLC 757073363. Retrieved 26 April 2018.
- Caroline Sutton (4 February 2014), Carrots, Sticks and Open Access Publishing in Norway – via Google+
- Nancy Pontika (ed.). "Publishers of OA books". Open Access Directory. US: Simmons School of Library and Information Science. OCLC 757073363. Retrieved 26 April 2018.
- Aneta Laskowska; Karen Marie Øvern; Klaus J. Tollan (eds.), Open Access (in Norwegian) – via Blogspot. 2007-2011
- Greater access to Norwegian scientific publications (PDF), Norwegian Association of Higher Education Institutions, 2009
- Boavida, Clara; Serafinavičiūtė, Brigita (2015), Institutional Policy Implementation at UiT The Arctic University of Norway, PASTEUR4OA Case Study, doi:10.5281/zenodo.44311
- Eelco Ferwerda; Frances Pinter; Niels Stern (2017), "Country Study: Norway", Landscape Study on Open Access and Monographs: Policies, Funding and Publishing in Eight European Countries, Knowledge Exchange, doi:10.5281/zenodo.815932
- Walt Crawford (2018). "Norway". Gold Open Access by Country 2012-2017. US: Cites & Insights Books.
- "Norway". Global Open Access Portal. UNESCO.
- "Browse by Country: Europe: Norway". Registry of Open Access Repositories. UK.
- "(Search: Country of Publisher: Norway)". Directory of Open Access Journals. United Kingdom: Infrastructure Services for Open Access.
- "Tag "oa.norway"". Open Access Tracking Project. Harvard University. OCLC 1040261573.
- "Browse by Country: Norway". ROARMAP: Registry of Open Access Repository Mandates and Policies. United Kingdom: University of Southampton.
- "Our members: Norway". Sparceurope.org. Scholarly Publishing and Academic Resources Coalition.
- Pål M. Lykkja (ed.), Åpen Vitenskap [Open Science] (in Norwegian) – via Blogspot
- Open Access in Norway, DRIVER: Digital Repository Infrastructure Vision for European Research, archived from the original on 23 August 2011