Open access to scholarly communication in Hungary has developed in recent years through digital repositories and academic publishers, among other means. In 2008 several academic libraries founded the Hungarian Open Access Repositories (HUNOR) consortium.
There are a number of collections of scholarship in Hungary housed in digital open access repositories. They contain journal articles, book chapters, data, and other research outputs that are free to read.
- Internet in Hungary
- Education in Hungary
- Media of Hungary
- Science and technology in Hungary
- Open access in other countries
- Gyongyi Karacsony (2013). "HUNOR: The Collaboration of Hungarian Open Access Repositories". Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences. 73: 57–61. doi:10.1016/j.sbspro.2013.02.019.
- András Holl (2014), Hungary Open Access Case Study, PASTEUR4OA Case Study, doi:10.5281/zenodo.35645
- Walt Crawford (2018). "Hungary". Gold Open Access by Country 2012-2017. US: Cites & Insights Books.
- "OA in Hungary". Open Access in Practice: EU Member States. OpenAIRE.
- "Open-access.hu" (in Hungarian).
- "Browse by Country: Europe: Hungary". Registry of Open Access Repositories. UK: University of Southampton.
- Peter Suber (ed.). "(Hungary)". Open Access Tracking Project. Harvard University. OCLC 1040261573.
News and comment from the worldwide movement for open access to research
- "Browse by Country: Hungary". ROARMAP: Registry of Open Access Repository Mandates and Policies. UK: University of Southampton.
- "Datasets: Countries: Hungary". European Data Portal. European Commission.
Public sector information available on public data portals across European countries