Open access in Greece
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2018)
There are a number of collections of scholarship in Greece housed in digital open access repositories. They contain journal articles, book chapters, data, and other research outputs that are free to read. As of March 2018, the UK-based Directory of Open Access Repositories lists some 36 repositories in Greece. The National Hellenic Research Foundation, University of Patras, and University of Piraeus hold the most digital assets.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (June 2018)
Key events in the development of open access in Greece include the following:
- June: Hellenic Academic Libraries Link (HEAL-Link) issues a declaration supporting open access.
- "OA in Greece". Open Access in Practice: EU Member States. OpenAIRE. Retrieved 27 March 2018.
- "Greece". Directory of Open Access Repositories. UK: University of Nottingham. Archived from the original on 6 February 2009. Retrieved 27 March 2018.
- "Διακήρυξη για την Ανοιχτή Πρόσβαση στην Ελλάδα" [Declaration on Open Access in Greece] (PDF), Heal-link.gr (in Greek and English), Σύνδεσμος Ελληνικών Ακαδημαϊκών Βιβλιοθηκών (HEAL-Link), retrieved 30 June 2018
- Elisavet Chantavaridou (2009). "Open access and institutional repositories in Greece: progress so far". OCLC Systems & Services. doi:10.1108/10650750910931922. ISSN 1065-075X.
- Panos Georgiou; Fiori Papadatou (2009), Scholarly publishing & open access in Greece: 2009 Report (PDF),
Hellenic Academic Libraries Link HEAL-Link
- Panos Georgiou; Fiori Papadatou (2010). "Open access in Greece". In Lluís Maria Anglada i de Ferrer; Ernest Abadal i Falgueras (eds.). Open access in Southern European countries (PDF). Madrid: Fundación Española para la Ciencia y la Tecnología. ISBN 9788469367926. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2016-04-10.
- Angeliki Vos (2015). Creating an Institutional Repository (IR) in Greece: need for information systems strategy? (Master thesis). Sweden: Linnaeus University.
- Walt Crawford (2018). "Greece". Gold Open Access by Country 2012-2017. US: Cites & Insights Books.
- "Openarchives.gr" (in Greek and English). National Documentation Centre (Greece).
Greek science content in the digital public space
- "Openaccess.gr" (in Greek).
- "Hellenic Academic Ebooks". Kallipos.gr (in Greek and English). Greek Research and Technology Network, Σύνδεσμος Eλληνικών Ακαδημαϊκών Βιβλιοθηκών (Hellenic Academic Libraries), and National Technical University of Athens.. ("The purpose of the 'Kallipos' action is the production and delivery of Open Access electronic books, which will be used by the students of Greek universities")
- "Browse by Country: Europe: Greece". Registry of Open Access Repositories. UK: University of Southampton.
- Peter Suber (ed.). "(Greece)". Open Access Tracking Project. Harvard University. OCLC 1040261573.
News and comment from the worldwide movement for open access to research
- "Browse by Country: Greece". ROARMAP: Registry of Open Access Repository Mandates and Policies. UK: University of Southampton.