Open access in Austria
Open access to scholarly communication in Austria has developed in the 2010s largely through government initiatives. The Austrian Science Fund and Universities Austria launched the "Open Access Netzwerk Austria" in 2012 to coordinate country-wide efforts. The "E-Infrastructures Austria" project began in 2014 to develop repositories. The international advocacy effort "OpenscienceASAP – Open Science as a Practice" is based in Austria.
There are a number of collections of scholarship in Austria housed in digital open access repositories. They contain journal articles, book chapters, data, and other research outputs that are free to read.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (June 2018)
Key events in the development of open access in Austria include the following:
- June: International Conference on Electronic Publishing held in Vienna.
- Open Access Netzwerk Austria established.
- E-Infrastructures Austria begins.
- Internet in Austria
- Education in Austria
- Media of Austria
- List of libraries in Austria
- Open access in other countries
- "Our Mission". Oana.at. Vienna: Open Access Network Austria. Archived from the original on 19 March 2018. Retrieved 18 March 2018.
- "OA in Austria". Open Access in Practice: EU Member States. OpenAIRE. Retrieved 18 March 2018.
- "Digitalisation: Research, Innovation and the Work Environment", Austrian Research and Technology Report 2017, Vienna: Federal Ministry of Science, Research and Economy, 2017,
Report under Section 8(1) of the Research Organisation Act on federally subsidised research, technology and innovation in Austria
- "Openscienceasap.org" (in German). Vöcklamarkt. 2013-10-14. Retrieved 18 March 2018.
- "Advocacy organizations for OA". Open Access Directory. US: Simmons School of Library and Information Science. OCLC 757073363. Retrieved 18 March 2018.
- "Austria". Directory of Open Access Repositories. UK: University of Nottingham. Archived from the original on 6 February 2009. Retrieved 15 April 2018.
- "ELPUB 2007: Openness in Digital Publishing". Retrieved 12 June 2018.
- Bruno Bauer; Kerstin Stieg (2010). "Open Access Publishing in Austria: Development and Future Perspectives". Bulletin of the Transilvania University of Brașov, Series IV: Philology and Cultural Studies. Romania. hdl:10760/15322.
- "Open Access in Österreich". Mitteilungen der Vereinigung Österreichischer Bibliothekarinnen und Bibliothekare (in German). 65 (2): 1–330. 2012. ISSN 1022-2588.
- "Scientific research and tertiary education: Open Access", Austrian Research and Technology Report 2013, Federal Ministry of Science and Research, 2013
- B. Bauer; et al. (2015), Recommendations for the Transition to Open Access in Austria, Open Access Network Austria, doi:10.5281/zenodo.34079
- Tonto, Yaşar; Doğan, Güleda; Al, Umut; Madran, Orçun (2015), Open Access Policies of Research Funders: The Case Study of the Austrian Science Fund (FWF), PASTEUR4OA Case Study, doi:10.5281/zenodo.35616
- Eelco Ferwerda; Frances Pinter; Niels Stern (2017), "Country Study: Austria", Landscape Study on Open Access and Monographs: Policies, Funding and Publishing in Eight European Countries, Knowledge Exchange, doi:10.5281/zenodo.815932
- Walt Crawford (2018). "Austria". Gold Open Access by Country 2012-2017. US: Cites & Insights Books.
- "Austria". Global Open Access Portal. UNESCO.
- "Browse by Country: Europe: Austria". Registry of Open Access Repositories. UK.
- "(Search: Country of Publisher: Austria)". Directory of Open Access Journals. UK: Infrastructure Services for Open Access.
- Peter Suber (ed.). "(Austria)". Open Access Tracking Project. Harvard University. OCLC 1040261573.
News and comment from the worldwide movement for open access to research
- "Browse by Country: Austria". ROARMAP: Registry of Open Access Repository Mandates and Policies. UK: University of Southampton.