This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Owner(s)||News Corp Australia|
news.com.au is an Australian website owned by News Corp Australia. It had 9.6 million unique readers in April 2019 and covers national and international news, lifestyle, travel, entertainment, technology, finance, and sport.
According to third-party web analytics providers, Alexa and SimilarWeb, news.com.au was the 19th and 27th most visited website in Australia respectively, as of July 2015. SimilarWeb rates the site as the third most visited news website in Australia, attracting more than 18 million visitors per month. Nielsen Online Ratings rated news.com.au as Australia's most popular news website as of January 2015.
Whilst frequently ranked as the number-one visited Australian news website in Australia during 2019, as of June 2020, news.com.au has slipped to the third most visited news website in Australia after ABC News Online and Daily Mail Australia.
- Walkley Awards 2021: June Andrews Women’s Leadership in Media – 'Let Her Speak'
- Our Watch Award 2021 – Samantha Maiden for her Brittany Higgins exclusive
- Mumbrella Publish Awards 2021: Journalist of the Year – Samantha Maiden
- Mumbrella Publish Awards 2021: Single Article of the Year – Samantha Maiden for her report on Brittany Higgins
- B&T's Women In Media Awards 2021: Woman of the Year – Nina Funnell for LetHerSpeak
- B&T's Women In Media Awards 2021: Glass Ceiling Award – Nina Funnell
- B&T's Women In Media Awards 2021: Journalist of the Year – Nina Funnell
- "Nielsen Digital Content Ratings April 2019 Tagged Rankings". The Nielsen Company. Retrieved 25 May 2019.
- "Samantha Maiden: 'Hawaii Two-O: Scott Morrison's bushfire holiday' – All Media: Scoop of the Year 2020", The Walkley Foundation. Retrieved 29 March 2022.
- "The Editorial Team", news.com.au. Retrieved 29 March 2022.
- "news.com.au Site Overview". Alexa Internet. Archived from the original on 29 November 2017. Retrieved 18 January 2019.
- "news.com.au Analytics". SimilarWeb. Retrieved 18 January 2019.
- "Top 50 sites in Australia for News And Media". SimilarWeb. Archived from the original on 25 August 2015. Retrieved 30 July 2015.
- "News site audiences dive but News.com.au increases lead at the top of online ratings in January". Mumbrella. 11 February 2015. Retrieved 18 January 2019.
- "News.com.au tumbles to sixth in ranking of Australia's most popular websites, as ABC maintains lead". Mumbrella. 4 June 2020. Retrieved 24 June 2020.