National Register of Historic Places listings in Southwest Philadelphia
This is a list of the National Register of Historic Places listings in Southwest Philadelphia.
This is intended to be a complete list of the properties and districts on the National Register of Historic Places in Southwest Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States. The locations of National Register properties and districts for which the latitude and longitude coordinates are included below may be seen in a Google map.
There are 562 properties and districts listed on the National Register in Philadelphia, including 67 National Historic Landmarks. Southwest Philadelphia includes 12 of these properties and districts, including 2 National Historic Landmarks; the city's remaining properties and districts are listed elsewhere.
|||Name on the Register||Image||Date listed||Location||Neighborhood||Description|
|1||John Bartram High School||December 4, 1986
|67th and Elmwood Streets||Middle Southwest|
|2||John Bartram House||October 15, 1966
|54th Street and Eastwick Avenue||Bartram Village|
|3||Joseph W. Catharine School||November 18, 1988
|6600 Chester Avenue||Mount Moriah|
|4||Fort Mifflin||August 29, 1970
|Fort Mifflin and Hog Island Roads||Philadelphia International Airport|
|5||Fort Mifflin Hospital||September 29, 1969
|Fort Mifflin and Hog Island Road||Philadelphia International Airport|
|6||S. Weir Mitchell School||December 4, 1986
|56th and Kingsessing Street||Kingsessing|
|7||John M. Patterson School||November 18, 1988
|7001 Buist Avenue||Penrose|
|8||Thomas Buchanan Read School||December 4, 1986
|78th Street and Buist Avenue||Elmwood Park|
|9||Regent-Rennoc Court||September 12, 1985
|5100 block of Regent Street and 1311–1327 South 52nd Street||Southwest Schuylkill|
|10||Anna Howard Shaw Junior High School||November 18, 1988
|5401 Warrington Street||Southwest Schuylkill|
|11||William J. Tilden Junior High School||December 1, 1986
|66th Street and Elmwood Avenue||Paschall|
|12||George Wolf School||November 18, 1988
|8100 Lyons Avenue||Hedgerow|
- List of National Historic Landmarks in Philadelphia
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- The latitude and longitude information provided in this table was derived originally from the National Register Information System, which has been found to be fairly accurate for about 99% of listings. Some locations in this table may have been corrected to current GPS standards.
- Numbers represent an alphabetical ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other NRHP buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- The eight-digit number below each date is the number assigned to each location in the National Register Information System database, which can be viewed by clicking the number.
- Location is derived from Fort Mifflin website; the NRIS lists the property at the intersection of Penrose Ferry Rd. with the nonexistent Marina Rd.