|Born||November 27, 1972|
|Alma mater||SUNY Cortland|
|Coaching career (HC unless noted)|
|Head coaching record|
|Accomplishments and honors|
|As An Assistant:|
NCAA national champions (1999)
|2× Tim Taylor Award (2010, 2011)|
Spencer Penrose Award (2011)
Leaman grew up in Centerville, Ohio, not playing hockey until he was a teenager. He attended SUNY Cortland, where he played on the hockey team, and graduated in 1997. He was inducted into the Cortland C-Club Hall of Fame in September 2014.
After Mark Mazzoleni resigned as Harvard head coach in June 2004, Leaman was reported to be considered for the position. However, he announced that he would not pursue the Harvard job and remain at Union.
In 2014–15, after leading Providence to winning the national championship, Leaman was named USCHO Coach of the Year.
On January 5, 2021, as the head coach for Team USA's National Junior Team at the 2021 IIHF World Junior Championship in Edmonton, Canada, Leaman guided the team to the gold medal with a 2–0 shutout victory over host country Canada.
Head coaching record
|Union Dutchmen (ECAC Hockey) (2003–2011)|
|2003–04||Union||14–17–5||8–11–3||8th||ECAC First Round|
|2004–05||Union||13–22–2||8–13–1||8th||ECAC First Round|
|2005–06||Union||16–16–6||9–9–4||T–6th||ECAC First Round|
|2006–07||Union||14–19–3||7–14–1||12th||ECAC First Round|
|2010–11||Union||26–10–4||17–3–2||1st||NCAA East Regional Semifinals|
|Providence Friars (Hockey East) (2011–present)|
|2011–12||Providence||14–20–4||10–14–3||7th||Hockey East Semifinals|
|2012–13||Providence||17–14–7||13–8–6||T–3rd||Hockey East Semifinals|
|2013–14||Providence||22–11–6||11–7–2||3rd||NCAA East Regional Finals|
|2014–15||Providence||26–13–2||13–8–1||T-2nd||NCAA National Champion|
|2015–16||Providence||27–7–4||16–3–3||T-1st||NCAA Northeast Regional Semifinals|
|2016–17||Providence||22–9–5||12–7–3||5th||NCAA East Regional Semifinals|
|2017–18||Providence||24–12–4||13–7–4||3rd||NCAA East Regional Finals|
|2018–19||Providence||24–12–6||14–7–3||2nd||NCAA Frozen Four|
|2020–21||Providence||11–9–5||10–8–5||5th||Hockey East Semifinals|
|2021–22||Providence||22–14–2||12–11–1||7th||Hockey East Quarterfinals|
|2022–23||Providence||16–14–7||9–9–6||T–6th||Hockey East Semifinals|
Postseason invitational champion
- "Providence's Leaman takes unconventional road, with a primary assist from Shawn Walsh". USCHO.com Blogs :: Frozen Four Blog.
- "Leaman going into Cortland C-Club Hall". USCHO.com.
- "Harvard Zeroes In on Donato". USCHO.com.
- "Leaman Confirms He'll Remain At Union". USCHO.com.
- "Union's Leaman is ECAC Hockey Coach of the Year". USCHO.com.
- "Union dominates ECAC awards". USCHO.com.
- "Union coach Leaman wins Spencer Penrose Award". USCHO.com.
- "Spencer Penrose Award winner Leaman moves to Providence". USCHO.com.
- Mark Divver. "PC signs Leaman to four-year contract extension". providencejournal.com.
- "Leaman inks contract extension at Providence". USCHO.com.
- "USCHO coach of the year Leaman builds another championship-level program". USCHO.com.