This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2021)
|Type of business||Privately held company|
Type of site
|Founded||November 11, 2006|
|Dissolved||July 27, 2021|
|Owner||Ringier Axel Springer Polska|
NK.pl, formerly Nasza-klasa.pl (English: Our-class.pl), was a Polish school-based social networking service used by alumni and students. NK.pl was owned and administered by Ringier Axel Springer Polska.
NK.pl was launched on 11 November 2006 by Maciej Popowicz, Paweł Olchawa, Michał Bartoszkiewicz, and Łukasz Adziński, four college students studying computer science at the University of Wrocław. The company was headquartered in Wrocław, Poland, and its name came from the song "Nasza Klasa" by Jacek Kaczmarski.
The website enjoyed success, and one 2009 study called it a "model example of the ‘rags to riches’ ideal of an enterprise construed with no financial funding and no institutional support (neither from ASP/ISP corporations nor from central/local administration)". In 2009, the service had 13.5 million active users. NK.pl then ranked among the top five websites used in Poland, behind Google.pl, Onet.pl, and Wirtualna Polska, and it was visited by more than 50% of Polish Internet users each month (with 10% of the traffic coming from abroad).
In November 2014 Ringier Axel Springer Polska signed agreement to buy NK.pl from Excolimp Investemnts.
On May 26, 2021, NK.pl announced its closure effective July 27 of the same year.
Registered users could pick their school and graduation year. Users were also able to create personal pages with details about their life and past education.
NK.pl offered a wide variety of privacy settings, additionally offering up-to-date advice and instructions about privacy on NK.pl as well as the portal.[clarification needed] It had a trust and safety team that worked with law enforcement to resolve matters related to threatening and dangerous posts and other illegal activity.
NK.pl also cooperated with childcare services, such as the Nobody's Children Foundation, which takes care of psychological needs and healthy mental development of children.[failed verification]
- ^ Urszula, Jurgiel. "Social death of social networks". Retrieved 4 April 2013.
- ^ a b "Zamknięcie serwisu NaszaKlasa.pl". wiadomosci.onet.pl. Onet. Retrieved 27 May 2021.
- ^ Radkowski, Michał (28 July 2021). "Po prawie 15 latach skończyła się historia Naszej Klasy. Znika "swojskie medium społecznościowe"" [After almost 15 years, the story of Our Class is over. The "homely social media" is disappearinge] (in Polish). Wirtualne Media. Retrieved 2 February 2023.
- ^ a b Malachowski, Andrzej (2009). "Phenomenon of Nasza klasa (Our Class) Polish social network site" (PDF). Issues in Informing Science and Information Technology. 6: 366. doi:10.28945/1065.
- ^ Jan Samołyk. "NK gra z WOŚP!". NK.pl. Retrieved 2011-10-24.
- ^ "World's Top Social Networking Sites". Bloomberg Business. Retrieved 2 February 2015.
- ^ "Nasza Klasa. Jak radzi sobie NK w erze Facebooka?". se.pl. 6 August 2014.
- ^ "Grupa Onet.pl przejmuje serwis społecznościowy NK.pl. Po co?". interaktywnie.com. Retrieved 2022-11-14.
- ^ a b "Polityka Prywatności – Ogólne Standardy Ochrony". NK.pl. Retrieved 4 April 2013.