Alexandria Kostial was a 21-year-old University of Mississippi (Ole Miss) student who was found dead near a Mississippi lake in July 2019. A fellow Ole Miss student, 22-year-old Brandon Theesfeld of Fort Worth, Texas, was arrested and charged with murder after Kostial's remains were discovered by a Lafayette County deputy. It was reported that Kostial had been shot multiple times.
Ole Miss student Rex Ravita, a former dorm neighbor of suspect Brandon Theesfeld, later described the suspected killer as misogynistic and arrogant, saying "I'm not going to sugar coat it, he was pretty much a daddy's boy type. Constantly had to reference his father's money, how his dad could get him out of anything, just that attitude all the time. Any type of vulgar comment he could say, any type of rude comment to anybody in our dorm, any of the women."
Ravita lived in the same dormitory as Theesfeld for a year and claimed Theesfeld and Kostial dated on and off again for about a year before her death.
Theesfeld occasionally dated Kostial, and reportedly thought Kostial might have been pregnant after she sent him a message about an inconclusive pregnancy test; he messaged her that he was not ready to become a parent. He kept avoiding her or cancelling plans at the last minute; eventually, they only communicated electronically. Theesfeld pled guilty to first degree murder and so was spared a capital murder charge and a possible death sentence; he was sentenced by Judge Kelly Luther to life in prison, but he will be eligible for conditional release when he turns 65.
- Maxouris, Christina (July 24, 2019). "Suspect charged with murder in death of 21-year-old University of Mississippi student". CNN. Archived from the original on December 18, 2019. Retrieved July 27, 2019.
- Lasker, Alex (July 23, 2019). "University of Mississippi student Alexandria Kostial, 21, found dead in apparent homicide, suspect in custody". AOL. Retrieved July 27, 2019.
- Fedschun, Travis (July 22, 2019). "Ole Miss student from Missouri found dead in Mississippi, 'foul play' involved, authorities say". Fox News. Retrieved July 27, 2019.
- Melendez, Pilar (July 22, 2019). "University of Mississippi Student Found Dead in Apparent Homicide: Police". The Daily Beast. Retrieved July 27, 2019.
- Kennedy, Corinne S. (July 22, 2019). "Foul play suspected in death of University of Mississippi student Alexandria Kostial, police say". USA Today. Retrieved July 27, 2019.
- Harris, Chris (July 23, 2019). "Fellow Student Accused of Killing University of Mississippi Undergrad, Who Was Shot 8 Times". People. Retrieved July 27, 2019.
- Lasker, Alex (July 25, 2019). "Ally Kostial murder: Former-neighbor shares dark details about suspect in Ole Miss student's death". AOL. Retrieved July 27, 2019.
- "Funeral Held in St. Louis Suburb for Slain Ole Miss Student". Associated Press. July 27, 2019. Archived from the original on October 18, 2021. Retrieved October 18, 2021.
- Luperon, Alberto (August 31, 2021). "Mississippi Murderer Gets Life in Prison for Killing On-and-Off Girlfriend When He Thought She Was Pregnant". Law & Crime. Archived from the original on September 2, 2021.
- Dominguez, Claudia (August 27, 2021). "Brandon Theesfeld pleads guilty in the death of Ole Miss student Ally Kostial". CNN. Archived from the original on August 31, 2021.