Muhammad Asif Khan
Muhammad Asif Khan
|Alma mater||University of Peshawar|
Imperial College London
University of Texas at Dallas
|Institutions||University of Peshawar|
|Vice-Chancellor of University of Peshawar|
|Assumed office |
|Vice-Chancellor of the Karakoram International University|
Jun 2014 – Aug 2017
|Preceded by||Dr. Najma Najam|
Muhammad Asif Khan (Urdu: محمد آصف خان; born 19 November 1954) is a Pakistani geologist and current Vice-Chancellor of University of Peshawar.
This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (June 2020)
Khan got his D.I.C and Ph.D. in 1988 from Imperial College London, B.Sc (Hons) and MSc Geology in 1980 from the University of Peshawar and four Post-Doctoral Fellowship at University of Oxford, the University of Texas at Dallas and Penn State University and Lehigh University.
Awards and honors
- Tamgha-e-Imtiaz (2000) 
- Fellowship of the Geological Society of London (2008)
- Fellowship of Pakistan Academy of Sciences (2009)
- HEC Distinguished National Professor (2012)
- ^ Yousaf Ali (8 August 2017). "Dr Mohammad Asif assumes charge as UoP VC". thenews.com.pk. Retrieved 30 May 2020.
- ^ "HEC confers award on 4 scholars". nation.com.pk. 19 April 2012. Retrieved 31 May 2020.
- ^ "Honorary Fellows". geolsoc.org.uk. 18 August 2008. Retrieved 31 May 2020.
- ^ "MEET OUR FELLOWS". paspk.org. Retrieved 31 May 2020.
- ^ "HEC confers national professor award on four scholars". pakistantoday.com.pk. 19 April 2012. Retrieved 31 May 2020.
- Living people
- University of Peshawar alumni
- Pakistani academic administrators
- Pakistani geologists
- Recipients of Tamgha-e-Imtiaz
- Vice-Chancellors of universities in Pakistan
- Fellows of Pakistan Academy of Sciences
- Alumni of Imperial College London
- University of Texas at Dallas alumni
- Vice-Chancellors of the University of Peshawar
- Fellows of the Geological Society of London
- 1954 births