|Monipur High School and College|
মনিপুর উচ্চ বিদ্যালয় ও কলেজ
|School type||Private Secondary and Higher Secondary college.|
|Founder||Hazi Noor Mohammod|
|School board||Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education, Dhaka|
|President||Kamal Ahmed Majumder|
|Gender||Girl & Boy|
|Hours in school day||7:00 am to 05:30 pm for students|
|Campus||Mirpur 02, Rupnagar School & College, Ibrahimpur , Shewrapara|
White & White
White & Navy Blue
|Sports||Soccer, cricket, basketball, volleyball, table tennis, badminton, handball|
Monipur Uchcha Vidyalaya and College (MUBC) (Bengali: মনিপুর উচ্চ বিদ্যালয় ও কলেজ) is a secondary school and college in Mirpur, Dhaka, Bangladesh. It was established in 1962 by the late Abul Kalam Azad. The school offers education from class I to class XII, and the college offers undergraduate courses in arts, science, and commerce. The school and college are affiliated with the National Curriculum and Textbook Board (NCTB) and the University of Dhaka, respectively.
It is one of the most renowned institutes in the country. The school often ranks among the top of the passing rate in the board exams such as Secondary School Certificate (SSC), Junior School Certificate (JSC), and always ranks first in Primary Education Certificate (PSC).
In 2023, the institution was accused of tax fraud and embezzlement of more than 3.5 crore BDT ($326,558). The investigation is underway.
In 2007, 2008, and 2009, the school was ranked third, and in 2010 and 2011 the school ranked sixth and seventh respectively and was ranked eighth in the 2012 SSC examination under the Dhaka Education Board. From 2011 to 2019 this school was ranked first in the PEC Examination.
The school secured the second position in terms of securing the highest number of first divisions in the primary terminal examinations across the country in 2010. A total of 1,516 students achieved first division from Viqarunnisa Noon School and College while 1,126 from Monipur High School & College and 962 from Ideal School and College.
652 students scored 80% mark called A+ (or GPA 5.0) in 2008 and 556 students achieved the same in 2009, placing the school in the top three in Bangladesh's GPA 5 based schools ranking.
The school has achieved second place in the evaluation examination of class Eight held under the Department of Secondary and Higher Education.
Following demands to enroll more students, the school authorities opened three more branches in Dhaka city, while the main campus at Monipur continues to operate. Monipur High School opened its college section in 2012 with about 52 students. The college section is situated at the Rupnagar branch (Branch-1) with its own dedicated campus. Which means there are now five school campuses and one college branch.
3. Branch - 01
4. Branch - 02
5. Branch - 03
|Founder||Hazi Noor Mohammad||--|
|Principal & Headteacher||Md. Jakir Hossain|
In 2007, 2008, and 2009, the school secured 3rd position in the Secondary School Certificate Examination held under the Dhaka Board of Education. Achieving A + (GPA 5) of 652 and 558 students in this examination in 2008 and 2009 respectively naturally ranks the school among the best 3rd schools in Bangladesh in terms of GPA 5. In 2009, it secured 2nd place in the 8th class assessment examination held under the Department of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education. Established in 1989, the school has twice been recognized as the best educational institution in Bangladesh.
- Directorate of Secondary and Higher Education (DSHE)
- Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education, Dhaka
- Education in Bangladesh
- "UCB, signs agreement with Monipur High School & College". UCB, signs agreement with Monipur High School & College | theindependentbd.com. Retrieved 2023-05-27.
- Karmakar, Pankaj (2012-12-28). "Monipur High School, Rajuk Model College beat others". The Daily Star. Retrieved 2023-05-27.
- Staff Correspondent (2008-06-27). "Ideal, VN, Monipur top 3 schools". The Daily Star. Retrieved 2023-05-27.
- "Monipur school irregularities: DIA cracks down on embezzlement". www.dhakatribune.com. 2023-02-26. Retrieved 2023-05-27.
- "Viqarunnisa, Ideal, Monipur on top". The Daily Star. Archived from the original on 2012-10-06. Retrieved 2009-05-26.
- "Viqarunnisa, Monipur High School on top". The Daily Star. Archived from the original on 2023-03-11. Retrieved 2010-05-18.
- "Monipur High School & College achieves 2nd position in evaluation exam". The Daily Ittefaq. 13 January 2008. Archived from the original on 12 March 2009.