|Miss Universe 1991|
|Date||17 May 1991|
|Venue||Aladdin Theatre for the Performing Arts, Las Vegas, United States|
|Winner||Lupita Jones |
|Congeniality||Monique Lindesay |
United States Virgin Islands
|Best National Costume||Maribel Gutierrez |
|Photogenic||Siobhan McClafferty |
Miss Universe 1991 was the 40th anniversary of the Miss Universe pageant, held on 17 May 1991 at the Aladdin Theatre for the Performing Arts in Las Vegas, Nevada, United States. Lupita Jones of Mexico crowned by Mona Grudt of Norway. Seventy-three contestants competed in the 1991 Miss Universe pageant.
|Miss Universe 1991|
- Philippines - Maria Lourdes Gonzalez replaced Anjanette Abayari, who was not a Philippine citizen.
- Venezuela - Sharon Luengo - The Director of Miss Venezuela pageant, Osmel Souza wanted to send her to Miss Universe due to the delay of the Miss Venezuela 1991 contest, but the Miss Universe Organization rejected her as a contestant due to her 2nd runner-up position at Miss World 1990, and they decided to select the Venezuelan delegate for Miss Universe 1991 under a special commission.
- Soviet Union – The winner of Miss USSR 1990, Maria Kezha, was underage after February 1.
- Aruba – the Miss Aruba 1991 pageant was delayed and their 1991 winner, Jerusha Rasmijn, was sent to Miss Universe 1992.
- Australia - due to lack of sponsorship and funding
- Austria - Christine Heiss - unknown reason to compete
- Denmark - Sharon Givskav - due to lack of sponsorship and funding. She went to Miss World 1991 instead.
- Egypt - no contest.
- England - Competed as United Kingdom or Great Britain since then.
- Gibraltar - Sarah Yeats (lost their license with the Miss Universe Inc.)
- Greenland - Bibiane Holm (lost their license with the Miss Universe Inc.) and went to Miss World 1991 instead
- Honduras - Claudia Mercedes Caballero (She fell ill and withdrew due to the fact that she suffered from chronic fatigue and had to rest by medical prescription.)
- Portugal - Carla Lopes Da Costa Caldeira - unknown reason to compete
- Scotland - Competed as United Kingdom or Great Britain since then.
- Switzerland - Priscilla Leimgruber (She fell ill and withdrew at the last minute.)
- Wales - Competed as United Kingdom or Great Britain since then.
Did not compete
- Kenya - Aisha Wawira Lieberg - due to lack of sponsorship and funding. She went to Miss Universe 1992 instead.
- New Zealand - Adele Valerie Kenny (because she was underage before February 1)
- Holland began competing as Netherlands.
- Great Britain began competing as United Kingdom for the first time
- "Content warning". www.blogger.com.
- "bellezacol.org - Diese Website steht zum Verkauf! - Informationen zum Thema bellezacol". ww1.bellezacol.org.
- МИСС СССР 1990 (In Russian).
- "NZ representatives to Miss Universe 1954-2011 - miss new zealand archives". 12 February 2016. Archived from the original on 12 February 2016.
- This country had participated as United Kingdom again in 2005, 2006, and 2008.