This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Predecessor||Kazz Forbes | Saint George Fashion House|
The Miss Turks and Caicos Universe Beauty Organization is an entity responsible for organizing the Miss Turks and Caicos Islands Beauty Pageant. The pageant was first held in 1979 and has a history of showcasing the beauty and talent of women from the Turks and Caicos Islands.
The organization was founded and is currently owned by Kazz Forbes. Over the years, it has undergone changes in management and organization. In 2016, new organizers took charge of the pageant, and Olincia Misick was one of them. However, despite their efforts, the pageant did not produce any national or international title during their tenure.
Previously, there was a two-year memorandum of understanding between the Miss Turks and Caicos Universe Beauty Organization and the Turks and Caicos Islands Tourist Board. However, Kazz Forbes chose not to renew the agreement after its term expired. The organization continues to hold the pageant independently.
The Miss Turks and Caicos Universe Beauty Organization has been an important platform for promoting tourism and celebrating the beauty and cultural heritage of the Turks and Caicos Islands. The pageant provides opportunities for women to represent their country at international beauty competitions and showcases their talents and achievements.
|Year||Miss Turks and Caicos Islands||Notes|
|1979||Constance Lightbourne||Turks and Caicos Tourist Board Directorship|
|1984||Miriam Coralita Adams|
|1985||Barbara Bulah Mae Capron|
|2008||Jewel Selver||Jewel Selver withdrew from Miss Universe 2009 on August 22, less than one day before the live telecast|
|2013||Snwazna Adams||Kazz Forbes and Saint George Fashion House (SGFH)|
|2014||Shanice Williams||Kazz Forbes and Saint George Fashion House (SGFH)|
Big Four pageants representatives
The Turks and Caicos Islands have been represented in the Big Four international beauty pageants; the four major international beauty pageants for women. These are Miss World, Miss Universe, Miss International and Miss Earth.
Miss Turks and Caicos Universe
- : Declared as Winner
- : Ended as runner-up or top 5/6 qualification
- : Ended as one of the finalists or semifinalists
- : Ended as special awards winner
- The winner of Miss Turks and Caicos represents her country at the Miss Universe. On occasion, when the winner does not qualify (due to age) for either contest, a runner-up is sent.
|Year||Miss Turks and Caicos Islands||Placement at Miss Universe||Special Awards|
|Did not compete since 2015—Present|
|2012||Did not compete|
|2010||Did not compete|
|2003||Did not compete|
|2002||Euwonka Selver||Did not compete|
|1998||Did not compete|
|1987||Carmelita Ariza||Top 10|
|1986||Barbara Bulah Mae Capron||Unplaced|
|1985||Miriam Coralita Adams||Unplaced|
- "New focus for Miss Turks and Caicos Universe Pageant".
- Miss Turks and Caicos 2007
- Miss Turks and Caicos 2008
- Esther Swan (2009-08-22). "Miss Turks & Caicos Heads Home". Retrieved 2018-04-23.
- "Miss Turks and Caicos 2011". The Bahamas Weekly. 2011-07-20. Retrieved 2018-04-23.
- "Shanice Williams, the new Miss Turks and Caicos Universe". NU Woman. 2014-06-26. Retrieved 2018-04-23.
- Jun, Kwanwoo (2003-12-03). "Lost in Storm's Debris: A Beauty Pageant". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 2016-09-11.
- Kenya, News (2011-07-15). "Beauty with scandals". Standard Digital News. Retrieved 2016-09-11.
|first=has generic name (help)
- Vietnam, News (2008-10-08). "Những scandal của Miss World". Vietnam Express. Archived from the original on November 17, 2015. Retrieved 2016-09-11.
|first=has generic name (help)
- Ibrahim, Lynda (2013-09-13). "The misses and missuses of the world". The Jakarta Post. Retrieved 2016-09-11.
- Lowe, Aya (2016-01-25). "Philippines' Miss Universe returns home, ignites dreams". Channel NewsAsia. Retrieved 2016-09-11.