This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017)
|Ida Saine Conteh|
|The Gambia Fashion Organisation|
The Miss Gambia beauty pageants aims to be the platform of young women in Gambia as ambassador of goodwill for the country. In 1964 the pageant organized and patronized by Gambians. In 2001 the annual Miss Gambia had not been organized due to myriad reasons including financial, organizational and logistical problems. Miss Gambia winners also had experience in Miss Universe or Miss World history.
- 1963 — Roxy Vous (Miss Bathurst)
- 1965 — METTA Youth Club (Miss Independence)
- 1981 — Atta Promotion
- 2022 — Ida Saine Conteh (The Gambia Fashion Organisation)
|Year||The Miss Gambia|
|1970||Princess Margaret Davies|
|1982||Abbey Scattrel Janneh|
|1986||Rose Marie Eunson|
|1988||Oumou Haidara Faye|
Titleholders under Miss Gambia org.
Miss Universe Gambia
- : Declared as Winner
- : Ended as runner-up or top 5/6 qualification
- : Ended as one of the finalists or semi-finalists
- : Ended as special awards winner
|Year||Division||Miss Gambia||Placement at Miss Universe||Special Awards||Notes|
|2024||Banjul||Glorious Haddijatou Njie||TBA||TBA||Ida Saine Conteh (The Gambia Fashion Organisation) directorship.|
|Did not compete between 2001—2022|
|2000||Kanifing||Astou Njie||Did not compete||Withdrew — Njie originally set to compete in Miss Universe 2001 in Bayamon. However, franchise problems with her national pageant her off the official roster.|
|Did not compete between 1987—1999|
|1986||Banjul||Rose Marie Eunson||Unplaced|
|1983||Banjul||Abbey Scattrel Janneh||Unplaced||
||Atta Promotion Management.|
- "Miss Gambia Pageant". observer.gm. Retrieved 8 July 2015.
- "Miss Gambia 2022". gambia.com. Retrieved 25 November 2022.
- "Minister Bah Flags-Up Miss Gambia Beauty Pageant, Presides On Signing Tripartite Agreement". voicegambia.com. Retrieved 25 November 2022.
- "Miss Gambia contest to be held after 20 years". thepoint.gm. Retrieved 29 December 2022.
- "Gambia Gets New Beauty Queen, Amid Protest By Former Queen". allafrica.com. Retrieved 29 December 2022.