Miss Earth Democratic Republic of the Congo (Miss Earth DR Congo) is the official title given to Democratic Republic of the Congo's delegate to the Miss Earth pageant. This pageant, unlike Miss World or Miss Universe focuses mainly on promoting environmental causes and winners are chosen equally on their physical attributes as well as their understanding and knowledge of the issues affecting the Earth.
Along with Miss Universe and Miss World contests, Miss Earth is one of the three largest beauty pageants in the world in terms of the number of national-level competitions to participate in the world finals. The reigning titleholders dedicate their year to promote environmental projects and to address issues concerning the environment.
The first year Brazzaville Congo sent a representative to Miss Earth was in 2008. She goes on to compete at the pageant in the Philippines without a separate national competition and the Miss Earth franchise was obtained then by Beauties of Africa Inc., owned by Mr. Andy A. Abulime.
In 2015, a delegate has attended the annual Miss Earth pageant in the Philippines. This in celebration of the return of Miss Earth Congo to Miss Earth, this time under the supervision of its Director Ms. Mukon Ngoyi and serving as the spokesperson is Mr. Robert Scott who handles media press for the organization
Josephine Bomele, a young woman with a very special dedication and perseverance to get through such a demanding achievement was crowned as the new Miss Earth Congo 2015 and she will now have the honor to represent DR Congo in the upcoming Miss Earth 2015 pageant.
- Color key
- Declared as Winner
- Ended as runner-up
- Ended as one of the finalists or semifinalists
|Year||Miss Earth DR Congo||Placement||Special Awards|
|2022||Abuana Nkumu||Unplaced||Swimsuit Competition (Africa)|
|2015||Cristelle Lohembe||Unplaced|| National Costume (Africa)|
Miss Friendship (Group 1)
|2014||Chancé Chantele Gatoro||Did not compete|
- Singapore News, Online (2008-06-24). "Miss Earth 2004 beauty pageant". The Electric New Paper, Singapore Press Holdings Ltd. Archived from the original on 2008-06-28. Retrieved 2008-07-10.
- Khullar, Bhavna (2007-06-20). "Tracing the regal existence of 'Miss Universe'". Spicezee Online, Zee News Limited. Archived from the original on 2009-04-23. Retrieved 2007-05-15.
- Goyal, Abha (2007-02-16). "Grandslam Pageants Directory". Grand Slam Pageants. Retrieved 2007-12-15.
- News Online, Reuters (2004-10-08). "Contestants of Miss Earth 2004 beauty pageant". The Tribune India. Retrieved 2007-12-15.
|first=has generic name (help)
- "85 Beauties Set Their Sights on 'Miss Earth 2008' Crown - OhmyNews International". Archived from the original on 2008-12-10. Retrieved 2011-10-25.