|First published||May 23, 2017|
|Organization||World Wide Web Consortium|
|Base standards||HTTP, URI|
|Related standards||microformats, h-entry|
|Domain||Social Web, Communications protocol|
Micropub (MP)  is a W3C Recommendation that describes a client–server protocol based on HTTP to create, update, and delete posts (e.g. social media) on servers using web or native app clients. Micropub was originally developed in the IndieWebCamp community, contributed to W3C, and published as a W3C working draft on January 28, 2016. As of May 23, 2017 it is a W3C Recommendation.
Micropub uses OAuth 2.0 Bearer Tokens for authentication and accepts traditional form posts as well as JSON posts. Posted data uses a vocabulary derived from Microformats. Micropub is mostly used to create "posts", which are similar to Tweets, or micro blog posts, like those posted to Twitter. The protocol supports a variety of different content types however, such as Bookmarks, Favorites, Reposts, Events, RSVPs, and Checkins. Micropub is currently supported on a variety of IndieWeb compatible websites, like micro.blog.
This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (August 2020)
There are numerous Micropub implementations, both clients, and servers, many of them open source.
- Micropub to GitHub
- wordpress-micropub - a WordPress plugin
- Micropub for ProcessWire - a ProcessWire plugin
- ^ Parecki, Aaron, ed. (2017-05-23). "Micropub". W3C Recommendation. https://www.w3.org/TR/micropub/. Retrieved 2017-06-07.
- ^ "Micropub - IndieWeb". indieweb.org.
- ^ "Daily API RoundUp: Microsoft Cognitive Services, Line, Melown, Emburse, Tuleap, GoCD". ProgrammableWeb. November 2, 2016.
- ^ "First Public Working Drafts: Micropub and ActivityPub | W3C News".
- ^ "Micropub is a W3C Recommendation | W3C News".
- ^ "Documentation". quill.p3k.io. Retrieved 2017-06-08.
- ^ "IndieWeb". indieweb.org. Retrieved 2017-06-08.
- ^ "Micro.blog Help - IndieWeb". help.micro.blog. Retrieved 2017-06-08.
- ^ "Client Reports - Micropub Rocks!". micropub.rocks.
- ^ "Server Reports - Micropub Rocks!". micropub.rocks.
- ^ "Server Report Summary - Micropub Rocks!". micropub.rocks.
- ^ "Documentation". quill.p3k.io. Retrieved 2020-08-04.
- ^ "OwnYourGram". ownyourgram.com. Retrieved 2020-08-04.
- ^ "InkStone". inklings.io. Retrieved 2020-08-04.
- ^ "Micropublish: Sign in". micropublish.net. Retrieved 2020-08-04.
- ^ "index - dobrado". dobrado.net. Retrieved 2020-08-04.
- ^ "IA Writer Adds Expanded Support for IndieWeb Tools and WordPress Publishing". 15 May 2020.