This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Madhyapara massacre |
|Location||Palong, Faridpur, Bangladesh|
|Date||22 May 1971 (UTC+6:00)|
|Perpetrators||Pakistani Army, Razakars|
The Madhyapara Massacre was the massacre of over 370 unarmed Bengali Hindu residents of Madhyapara and other nearby villages under the authority of the Palong police station in the Faridpur district of East Pakistan, by the occupying Pakistani army on 22 May 1971. An estimated 370 people were killed in the massacre. In 1971, the villages of Madhyapara, Kashabhog & Rudrakar were under the authority of the Palong police station of Madaripur sub-division in Faridpur District. They are now under the jurisdiction of the Shariatpur municipality in Shariatpur Sadar Upazila of Shariatpur District. The three villages at the time were largely Hindu-inhabited[dead link] and Madhyapara was totally Hindu.
In 2010, a memorial was erected in Madhyapara Village in memory of the victims. It lists the names of the 73 victims who were identified up to that point.
- ^ আজ শরীয়তপুর মধ্যপাড়া গণহত্যা দিবস. Samakal (in Bengali). Dhaka. 22 May 2010. Archived from the original on 2012-12-31. Retrieved 22 November 2013.
- ^ a b Abdul Aziz Shishir (May 21, 2012). "FNS24" ২২মে, মধ্যপাড়া গণহত্যা দিবস. Fairnews24.com (in Bengali). Dhaka. Retrieved July 1, 2012.[dead link]
- ^ Sardar, Mohammad Abul Hossain (11 November 2013). ৭১এর গণহত্যার নির্মম দৃষ্টান্ত শরীয়তপুরের মধ্যপাড়া বধ্যভূমি, বিজয় সেখানে আজো পৌছেনি !. bdtoday24.com (in Bengali). Retrieved 22 November 2013.
- ^ মধ্যপাড়া গণহত্যা দিবস. Bangladesh Pratidin (in Bengali). Dhaka. May 21, 2012. Archived from the original on January 17, 2013. Retrieved August 4, 2012.
- ^ "RNETnews" শরীয়তপুরে গণহত্যা দিবস. Rnetnews.com (in Bengali). Rangpur. Retrieved August 5, 2012.[dead link]