M Hafizuddin Khan
M Hafizuddin Khan
এম হাফিজ উদ্দিন খান
|Occupation(s)||Economist, political analyst|
M Hafizuddin Khan is a Bangladeshi career bureaucrat,6th Comptroller and Auditor General of Bangladesh and former adviser to the caretaker government heading the Ministries of Finance, Planning, Jute and Textiles.
Khan completed his B.A. and M.A. in political science from Dhaka University in 1961. He obtained a diploma in Development Finance from the University of Birmingham.
Khan joined the Central Civil Service of Pakistan in 1964 as an Audit and Accounts cadre.He served in the railway Accounts Service and Defence Finance Department.He was placed in the senior service pool of the Government of Bangladesh in 1977. He served in BASIC Bank Limited and Rupali Bank as a director. He was the chairman of Agrani Bank. He also did a stint in the Prime Minister's Secretariat. He was the 6th Comptroller and Auditor General of Bangladesh. He retired in 1999 from Government service. He served as an adviser in the caretaker government, Latifur Rahman Cabinet. He was in charge of the Ministries of Finance, Planning, Jute and Textiles with the rank of minister. He is the chairperson of the Board of Trustees of Transparency International Bangladesh. He is the vice-president of Anjuman Mofidul Islam. He is the founder-chairman of a civil society organization named Citizens for Good Governance (SHUJAN). He is a director of MIDAS Financing Limited.
- ^ "Hafizuddin Khan equates Bangladesh politics with Orwell's 'Animal Farm'". Dhaka Tribune. 5 March 2018. Retrieved 28 November 2019.
- ^ "It's an electoral dictatorship: Hafizuddin Khan". Prothom Alo. Retrieved 28 November 2019.
- ^ a b "Board of Directors". mfl.com.bd. Retrieved 28 November 2019.
- ^ কেন্দ্রীয় কার্যনির্বাহী কমিটি [Central executive committee]. SHUJAN (in Bengali). 6 January 2013. Retrieved 26 April 2019.
- ^ "MIDAS Financing Limited". www.mfl.com.bd. Retrieved 2022-01-15.