This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2019)
|Headquarters||São Paulo, Brazil|
Number of locations
|Ricardo Nunes, (CEO)|
|Revenue||US$ 1.7 billion (2016)|
|- US$ 200. 6 million (2016)|
Number of employees
Máquina de Vendas is the one of largest Brazilian retail company together with GPA, Viavarejo, Lojas Americanas and others. The company was founded in 2010 through the merges of two retail companies, being the Belo Horizonte-based Ricardo Eletro and Salvador-based Insinuante.
Currently the company has more than 490 stores in 442 cities in 20 Brazilian states. The company offers through its subsidiaries 4,5 thousand items in their stores and over 50 thousand items through their websites for electronic commerce. The company competitors includes Viavarejo, Magazine Luiza, Lojas Americanas and others.
The company has 7 distribution centers and 660 stores through Ricardo Eletro brand. Formerly the company had 1.050 stores divided into 6 brands: Ricardo Eletro, Insinuante, City Lar, Eletro Shopping, Salfer and MV Conect. Máquina de Vendas also operates as online retailer through the Ricardo Eletro brand.
In October 2017, Máquina de Vendas reached an accord with its banks (Banco Itaú Unibanco, Banco Bradesco and Banco Santander) to essentially transfer all its debt (R$1.5 billion) to its shareholders without recourse to the company. In mid-2018, Starboard Capital invested $131 million via the purchase of convertible bonds giving Starboard at 72.5% ownership interest. As part of Starboard's investment, their suppliers provided $800 million in new credit.
- pt:Insinuante - HQ; Salvador - 228 stores
- pt:City Lar - HQ; Cuiabá - 224 stores
- pt:Eletro Shopping - HQ; Recife - 138 stores
- pt:Salfer - HQ; Joinville - 181 stores
- MV Conect - HQ; São Paulo - 4 store
- UPDATE 1-Brazil's Insinuante, Ricardo Eletro agree to merge - Reuters, Mar 29, 2010
- "Máquina de Vendas fecha acordo de R$ 1,5 bilhão com bancos - Dona da Ricardo Eletro fica livre de dívidas, que passam para os acionistas" (in Portuguese). Pequenas Empresas & Grandes Negócios. October 31, 2017.
- "Máquina de Vendas gets R$800m in new credit from suppliers". International Valor. August 21, 2018.
- "Starboard, Apollo seek to invest $131 million in Brazil retailer: source". Reuters. June 8, 2018.
- Luíza Filgueiras, Maria (August 3, 2018). "Starboard terá 72,5% da Máquina de Vendas". Reuters (in Portuguese).
Related - http://amaquinadevendas.online