This list of awards for contributions to culture is an index to articles about notable awards for contributions to culture in a general sense. The awards listed here have a relatively open-ended scope, e.g. they apply to the arts irrespective of category. Alternatively, they pertain to a culture-related field that is not covered by a more specific list, such as promotion of culture, conservation of cultural heritage, museums, etc. The list is organized by region and country of the award sponsor, but some awards are open to people or organizations around the world.
|Venue / sponsor||Notes|
|European Union Prize for Cultural Heritage/Europa Nostra Awards||2002||Europa Nostra||Best practice in heritage conservation.|
|Denmark||Crown Prince Couple's Awards||2004||Frederik, Crown Prince of Denmark;
Mary, Crown Princess of Denmark
|Exceptional achievement in the arts and culture and in social work|
|Denmark||Sonning Prize||1950 / 1959||University of Copenhagen||Outstanding contributions to European culture|
|Faroe Islands||Faroese Cultural Prize||1998||Faroe government||Faroese writers, musicians, artists etc.|
|Germany||Herder Prize||1964 / 1963||Alfred Toepfer Foundation||Scholars and artists from Central and Southeast Europe whose life and work have contributed to the cultural understanding of European countries and their peaceful interrelations. Discontinued and merged in 2007 to create the KAIROS Prize.|
|Germany||KAIROS Prize||2007||Alfred Toepfer Foundation||European artists and scholars from the fields of visual and performing arts, music, architecture, design, film, photography, literature and journalism.|
|Germany||Maecenas-Ehrung||1989||Association of Independent Cultural Institutions||Personalities that have significantly promoted art and culture in Germany.|
|Jamaica||Prime Minister's Medal of Appreciation||Prime Minister of Jamaica||Significant contribution to the economic, social, cultural or political development of Jamaica or to Jamaicans residing abroad|
|Japan||Nikkei Asia Prize||1996||The Nikkei||People in Asia who have made significant contributions in regional growth; science, technology and innovation; or culture|
|Nepal||Danyahira Sirpa||2004||Nepal Bhasa Academy||Outstanding contributions or achievements in the field of Newari literature or music|
|Netherlands||Erasmus Prize||1958||Praemium Erasmianum Foundation||Individuals or institutions that have made exceptional contributions to culture, society, or social science in Europe and the rest of the world|
|North Korea||People's Prize||1958||People's Prize Awarding Commission||Achievements in arts and sciences|
(Council of Europe)
|European Museum of the Year Award||1977||European Museum Forum||Unique atmosphere, imaginative interpretation and presentation, a creative approach to education and social responsibility|
|United Kingdom||Museum of the Year||1973||Art Fund||Museum or gallery in the United Kingdom for a track record of imagination, innovation and excellence|
|United States||Handel Medallion||1959||Government of New York City||Individuals for their contribution to the city's intellectual and cultural life.|
|United States||Heinz Awards||1993||Heinz Foundations||Contributions in Arts and Humanities; Environment; Human Condition; Public Policy; and Technology, the Economy and Employment|
|United States||Howland Memorial Prize||1916||Yale University||Achievement of marked distinction in the field of literature or fine arts or the science of government|
|United States||Library of Congress Living Legend||Library of Congress||Creative contributions to American lifeRetired in 2018.|
|United States||St. Louis Walk of Fame||1989||Joe Edwards||Notable people from St. Louis, Missouri, who made contributions to the culture of the United States|
-  Archived 29 June 2012 at the Wayback Machine
- "Kronprinsparrets Priser" (in Danish). Bikubenfonden. Archived from the original on 6 October 2014. Retrieved 28 September 2014.
- Schechner, Richard (2000). "Eugenio Barba wins big prize and gives it all away!". TDR. 44 (3): 8.
- Logir.fo KUNNGERÐ NR. 90 FRÁ 28. OKTOBER 2008 UM STUÐUL TIL MENTAN OG LIST (Faroese law about financial support of Faroese culture and art)
- "Kairos Prize Screenwriting Competition Announced". Christian Broadcasting Network. Retrieved 2020-07-31.
- Website Arbeitskreis selbständiger Kultur-Institute e.V. - AsKI
- Get the Facts: Prime Minister’s Medal of Appreciation, Office of the Prime Minister, June 19, 2012, retrieved 2020-01-25
- Nikkei Asia Prizes, Nikkei, retrieved 2020-01-26
- Nepal Bhasha Academy :: Our Projects, Awards Archived 2012-09-06 at archive.today
- "Erasmus Prize - Praemium Erasmianum". Praemium Erasmianum Foundation. Retrieved 24 January 2015.
- Robert A. Scalapino; Chong-Sik Lee (1972). Communism in Korea: The society. University of California Press. p. 1395. ISBN 978-0-520-02274-4.
- European Museum Forum, Council of Europe;
- Mark Brown (6 July 2016). "'Unforgettable' V&A wins museum of the year award". The Guardian. Retrieved 11 October 2019.
The museum wins £100,000, the biggest museum prize in the world and the largest arts award in the UK.
- "Justino Diaz Gets City Culture Prize." 22 March 1966. The New York Times. https://timesmachine.nytimes.com/timesmachine/1966/03/22/79983967.html?pageNumber=33. Retrieved 3 January 2017.
- "The Heinz Awards :: The Awards". Heinz Family Foundation. Retrieved June 7, 2009.
- Yale School of Management
- Librarian of Congress retires the Living Legends Award accessed 5 July 2018
- Staff (n.d.). "Nomination Criteria". St. Louis Walk of Fame. Archived from the original on December 16, 2014. Retrieved August 22, 2012.