Before any school entered conference play, the highest claim for a Florida college football team was a state title. The first game in the state was between Stetson and the Florida Agricultural College in Jacksonville as part of the State Fair. Stetson won 6–0, after a sure FAC score was obstructed by a tree stump.
- Stetson (1901)
- East Florida Seminary (1902)
- Stetson/Florida State College (1903)
- Florida State College (1904)
- Stetson (1905)
- Stetson (1906)
- Stetson/Florida (1907)
- Rollins (1908)
- Stetson (1909)
- JONES, JAMES P. (1973-01-01). F. S. U. ONE TIME A HISTORY OF SEMINOLE FOOTBALL.
- "Florida Power:The Early Years". August 17, 1999.
- "A History of Stetson Football" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2016-03-04.
- "2013 Stetson Football by Stetson University Athletics - Issuu".