Wiwat Ruengmee, PhD
Lifeyo offers templates that allow users to get started building their website quickly. Users can choose from different website types (business, personal, portfolio, and blogging) that provide a starting point with placeholder content. The WYSIWYG website builder allows users to customize website pages in a visual manner that does not require any HTML coding expertise. Users of Lifeyo can build websites using the blogging interface and photo gallery features. A feature that was unique to Lifeyo is the ability to collaborate on a website with multiple editors. The service is free and does not apply ads on websites created by users. For a fee the company offers an upgrade to a domain name.
Lifeyo was released to the public in 2010 at the South By Southwest Interactive conference in Austin, Texas. It was a startup launched by Mike Kai and Wiwat Ruengmee. Lifeyo has offices based in Newport Beach, California and Bangkok, Thailand.
In 2010, Erez Zukerman of AOL News gave a positive review to Lifeyo. Zukerman described Lifeyo as an "Incredible content-management system for someone just trying to put together their first website.”
- Bajayo, Jeff (May 4, 2010). "Lifeyo: "The People's Website Builder"". The Next Web.
- "Plans & Features". Lifeyo. Retrieved March 16, 2011.
- Stern, Allen (March 14, 2010). "SXSW Video Demo: Lifeyo – Simple Website Builder". Center Networks. Archived from the original on October 11, 2010.
- "About Us". Lifeyo. Archived from the original on January 27, 2013. Retrieved March 16, 2011.
- "New Office". Lifeyo. November 9, 2010. Archived from the original on January 27, 2013.
- Zukerman, Erez (March 17, 2010). "Lifeyo is an incredible content management system for newbies". Download Squad.