Landhi railway station
(Redirected from Landhi Junction railway station)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2015)
لانڈھی ریلوے اسٹیشن
لانڍي ريلوي اسٽيشن
|Coordinates||24°51′03″N 67°12′43″E / 24.8508°N 67.2119°ECoordinates: 24°51′03″N 67°12′43″E / 24.8508°N 67.2119°E|
|Owned by||Ministry of Railways|
|Line(s)||Karachi–Peshawar Railway Line|
Karachi Circular Railway
Landhi Railway Station (Urdu: لانڈھی ریلوے اسٹیشن , Sindhi: لانڍي ريلوي اسٽيشن) is one of three major railway stations in Karachi, Pakistan. It is situated in the east end of the city near Quaidabad in Landhi and serves as a major stop along the Karachi–Peshawar Railway Line.
Landhi Station at one point served as the junction for the Landhi–Korangi Branch Line and served as the terminus station for the Karachi Circular Railway - Main Line between 1969 and 1999.
Landhi Station is equipped with current reservation facilities.
The following trains stop at Landhi station:
|Preceding station||Pakistan Railways||Following station|
towards Karachi City
|Bahauddin Zakaria Express||Jungshahi|
towards Multan Cantonment
towards Lahore Junction
|Khushhal Khan Khattak Express||Kotri Junction|
|Khyber Mail||Hyderabad Junction|
|Pakistan Express||Hyderabad Junction|
- 2016 Karachi Rail Crash: On 3 November 2016, near this station two trains collided at this station resulting in 21 deaths and 65 injuries.
- ^ "'Public facilities at railway stations in Karachi in a shambles'". The News International.
- ^ "Railway Stations in Karachi".[full citation needed]
- Time Table for Landhi Railway Station
- Lāndhi Railway Station: Pakistan Geographical Names