|Coordinates: 25°22′26″N 68°18′05″E / 25.373964°N 68.301315°E|
|• Rank||29th, Pakistan|
|Time zone||UTC+5 (PST)|
Kotri (Sindhi: ڪوٽڙي, Urdu: کوٹری) is a city and the headquarters of the Kotri Taluka of Jamshoro District of Sindh province in Pakistan. Located on the right bank of the Indus River, it is the 29th largest city in Pakistan by population.
The name Koṭri is the diminutive form of the word koṭ, meaning "fort"; thus, the name means "little fort".
According to the 1998 Pakistan Census, the population of Kotri city was recorded as 62,085. As per 2017 Census of Pakistan, the population of city was recorded as 101,124.
Kotri is a hub for textile production and fishing.
- Mehran University of Engineering and Technology
- University of Sindh Jamshoro
- Liaquat University of Medical & Health Sciences
- Ali Muhammad (1940 – 8 August 2016), known professionally as Ali Baba (Sindhi: علي بابا, Urdu: علی بابا), was a notable Sindhi-language drama writer and novelist. He was born in Kotri. He died on 8 August 2016 due to heart attack in his home at Karachi.
- ^ a b c "PAKISTAN: Provinces and Major Cities". Citypopulation.de website. Retrieved 9 April 2023.
- ^ "Historical Places of Dadu". Population Census Organisation, Government of Pakistan website. Archived from the original on 18 September 2008. Retrieved 9 April 2023.
- ^ Gidwani, Parso J. (1990). "Place-Names of Sindh". Bulletin of the Deccan College Post-Graduate and Research Institute. 49: 153–156. JSTOR 42930281.
- ^ Makhdoom, Tayyaba Rafique; Shah, Syed Abdul Sattar; Makhdoom, Faiza (2016). "Socio-economic well-being through fishing in Kotri downstream: should the river be kept on flowing?". The Government: Research Journal of Political Science. 5: 195–209.