Kanpur Municipal Corporation
Kaanapur Mywnspl Karpwryshn
Shivasharanappa G N, IAS
|First past the post|
|11 May 2023|
|City Hall (KMC Building), Moti Jheel, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh|
The municipality in Kanpur, then Cawnpore was first established on 22nd November 1861 under the chairmenship of a District Magistrate. Lala Sheo Prasad was the first Vice Chairman of the association of Cawnpore Municipal Committee. The Town Hall building was erected at Cooperganj in the year 1879 with investment of around 2,16,000 rupees.
The first drainage system was established in 1872 and the first protected water supply in 1892. The city became a municipal corporation in 1959. Ram Ratan Gupta became the first mayor of Kanpur.
- "UP civic body polls 2023: Meet mayors of Ghaziabad, Jhansi, Kanpur, Saharanpur & Shahjahanpur". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 22 May 2023.
- "2023 UP Municipal Election results". ECI Uttar Pradesh. Retrieved 22 May 2023.
- "Kanpur municipal corporation::Birth Certificate.Grievance Redressal.online property tax .Civil Work". kmc.up.nic.in. Retrieved 12 September 2019.
- "Kanpur City".
- "Kanpur Ward Map". www.mapsofindia.com. Retrieved 12 September 2019.
- "Kanpur Municipal Corporation City Population Census 2011-2019 | Uttar Pradesh". www.census2011.co.in. Retrieved 12 September 2019.
- Drake-Brockman, D. L. (1909). "District Gazetteers of the United Provinces of Agra and Oudh: Cawnpore".
- "Kanpur". iitk.ac.in. Archived from the original on 7 November 2012.
- "History Of Kanpur Nagar Nigam : know the history of kanpur nagar nigam". Yugantar Pravah. Retrieved 25 April 2023.