This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Founded||January 22, 2016|
|Yun Ho-young, CEO|
|Services||Online banking |
Loan and deposit
|KRW 46.7 billion (2021.Q1)|
|Owners||Kakao Corp., Korea Investment Value Asset Management|
Number of employees
|952 (March 2021)|
KakaoBank Corp. (stylized as Kakaobank; Hangul: 주식회사 카카오뱅크) is a South Korean mobile-only bank and financial technology company established in 2016 by Korea Investment Holdings and Kakao Corp.
The banking service went public in July 2017 after getting a huge spotlight mainly due to its simplicity and unique and intuitive UI and UX. The bank attracted more than 240,000 customers within the first 24-hour-operation. The mobile app-based lender has achieved more than 10 million customers by July 11, 2019.
As of March 31, 2021, Kakaobank's customer volume is more than 14.2 million.
In October 2020, the corporate valuation of the South Korea’s largest neobank was set around KRW 8.6 trillion through KRW 750 billion-capital, raising from the U.S-based private equity TPG Capital and current shareholders.
On September 25, 2020, Kakaobank officially announced its IPO plan to public. The bank picked KB Security and Credit Suisse as lead managers for its IPO, with Citi as a co-manager. According to a local media report, kakaobank would submit the IPO application to a Korean exchange on April 15, 2021.
kakaobank's services include loan, deposit, debit card, overseas remittance and some other financial services.
kakaobank provides products via its mobile apps which adopt easy identification (KYC) methods. kakaobank's UI and UX are considered very intuitive. In July 2019, kakaobank's Android app was recognized as No.1 banking app based on MAU and the most downloaded banking app in the country by igaoworks.
- ^ "Kakao Bank accounts top 10 million". The Korea Herald. Retrieved July 12, 2019.
- ^ "Kakao Bank issues new shares to major U.S. hedge fund". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved October 27, 2020.
- ^ "Kakao Bank makes IPO plans official". Korea Herald. Retrieved September 24, 2020.
- ^ 카카오뱅크 IPO 대표 주관사에 KB증권·CS 선정 (in Korean). The Chosun Biz. Retrieved December 11, 2020.
- ^ 카카오뱅크, 오는 15일 상장 예비 심사 청구 예정…7월 코스피 입성하나 (in Korean). The Financial News. Retrieved April 13, 2021.
- ^ 인터넷銀 반란 시작…카카오뱅크, 시중은행 뱅킹 앱 사용자 압도 (in Korean). IT Chosun. Retrieved August 22, 2019.
- Official website
- Official website (English)
- Business data for KakaoBank Corp: