Jessica Kingsley Publishers
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (August 2020)
|Parent company||Hachette UK (starting in 2017)|
|Successor||John Murray (publishing house)|
|Distribution||Macmillan Distribution (UK, Europe, Middle East, Africa and the Far East)|
Books International (US)
UBC Press (Canada)
Footprint Books (Australia)
United Publishers Services (Japan)
Taylor & Francis (Far East)
Real Books (South Africa)
|Nonfiction topics||Social sciences, behavioral sciences, special education|
Early on JKP published books pertaining to the social sciences and behavioural sciences, with special attention to art therapy and autism spectrum disorders, respectively. In 2022, the company is described as a "leading publisher in the field of manual therapies and movement".
In 2004, the company opened an American office in Philadelphia. In 2017, Hachette UK acquired JKP, and folded the company into John Murray Press. In 2022, JKP acquired the Scottish publishing company Handspring, known for educational and reference book press.
In 2007, at the first year of the Independent Publishers Awards, JKP won the van Tulleken Publisher of the Year Award for "encapsulating the very best of independent publishing in the UK" and also the Taylor Wessing Academic & Professional Publisher of the Year award.
- Donna Williams (Nobody Nowhere, Somebody Somewhere, Like Colour to the Blind, Everyday Heaven)
- Gunilla Gerland (A Real Person: Life on the Outside)
- Jacqui Jackson (Multicoloured Mayhem, Damned Hard Day)
- Jennifer Cook O'Toole (Asperkids series, Sisterhood of the Spectrum)
- Jennifer Elder (Different Like Me, Autistic Planet)
- Paul Newham (Using Voice and.. in Therapy series, Therapeutic Voicework)
- Rudy Simone (Aspergirls)
- Simon Baron-Cohen (An Exact Mind)
- Tony Attwood (The Complete Guide to Asperger Syndrome)
- van Goidsenhoven, Leni (2016). "Donna Williams's 'Triumph': Looking for 'the Place in the Middle' at Jessica Kingsley Publishers". Life Writing. 15 (2): 171–193. doi:10.1080/14484528.2016.1269270.
- Chandler, Mark (14 March 2022). "Jessica Kingsley acquires Scottish press Handspring Publishing". The Bookseller. Retrieved 14 March 2022.
- Maher, John (30 November 2017). "Hachette UK Acquires Jessica Kingsley Publishers". PublishersWeekly.com. Retrieved 14 March 2022.
- Tom Tivnan, "State of Independence" The Bookseller Mar 13, 2007
- Philip Jones, "Kingsley, Faber and Kogan win indie awards" The Bookseller Mar 5, 2007