Jati Umra (Amritsar)
Jati Umra is notable for being the ancestral village of Sharif family of Pakistan, also including the former Prime Minister of Pakistan, Nawaz Sharif. In December 2013, the Chief Minister of Punjab, Shehbaz Sharif during India visit also went to the grave of his great-grandfather Mian Mohammad Baksh at the village and offered a holy sheet. Mian Muhammad Sharif, the former head of Sharif family, had lived in Indian Jati Umra before migrating to Lahore in 1947.
- "Nawaz's disqualification on basis of corruption". dawn.com. Retrieved 17 May 2018.
- Rana, Yudhvir (16 December 2013). "Pakistani Punjab CM Shahbaz Sharif visits ancestral home at Jatti Umra". The Times of India. Retrieved 20 April 2016.
- IANS (12 December 2013). "Shahbaz Sharif to visit ancestral village in Punjab". Business Standard India. Retrieved 17 May 2018.
- "Sharif strikes an emotional chord at ancestral village in Tarn Taran". www.hindustantimes.com/. 16 December 2013. Retrieved 20 April 2016.
- Service, Tribune News (3 February 2016). "Jatti Umra loses its last link with Sharifs". tribuneindia.com. Retrieved 20 April 2016.
- "Shahbaz Sharif visits Jati Umra India". video.dunyanews.tv. 20 April 2016. Retrieved 20 April 2016.