Jammu and Kashmir Apni Party
Jammu and Kashmir Apni Party
|Secretary||Rafi Ahmed Mir, Vijay Bakaya|
|Founded||8 March 2020|
|Split from||Jammu and Kashmir Peoples Democratic Party|
Indian National Congress
|Youth wing||Jammu and Kashmir Apni Youth Federation|
|Colours||Red White and blue|
|Seats in Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly|
0 / 90
|Seats in District Development Councils|
12 / 280
The Jammu and Kashmir Apni Party (JKAP) is a political party in Jammu and Kashmir, India, founded by Altaf Bukhari in March 2020.
The Jammu and Kashmir Apni Party was formed on 8 March 2020 by thirty one former members of the Jammu and Kashmir Peoples Democratic Party, and Indian National Congress which included former members of the Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly and cabinet ministers in the Government of Jammu and Kashmir. Altaf Bukhari was elected as the party's first president
An early success for the new party was its successful campaign to get the central Government of India to amend a recently promulgated law in order to make sure that government jobs in the region continue to be reserved for people with domiciled status.
In November 2020, Junaid Azim Mattu was elected as Mayor of Srinagar and he joined Jammu and Kashmir Apni Party in presence of Altaf Bukhari thus making him first Mayor of the Party.
The party describes itself as being "of the commoners, by the commoners and for the commoners". One of the party's key demands is the full restoration of statehood for Jammu and Kashmir. The party also believes that government jobs in Jammu and Kashmir should be reserved for long standing residents of the region. It wants members of the displaced Kashmiri Hindu community to be able to safely return to their homes in the Kashmir Valley. The party is against the dynastic politics espoused by the Peoples democratic Party, which is dominated by the Sayeed family, the National Conference, which is dominated by the Abdullah family and the Indian National Congress, which is dominated by the Nehru–Gandhi family.
The Youth Wing of Jammu and Kashmir Apni Party has been named as Youth Apni Party while as its student wing is named as Jammu and Kashmir Apni Student Union.The Women's Wing of Jammu and Kashmir Apni Party has been named as Apni Party Women's Wing, headed by Former Special Secretary Home, Dilshad Shaheen as Provincial President 
- Politics of Jammu and Kashmir
- Jammu & Kashmir National Conference
- Jammu and Kashmir Peoples Democratic Party
- Jammu and Kashmir Workers Party
- Ikkjutt Jammu
- Bharatiya Janata Party
- Indian National Congress
- ^ "Former PDP leader Altaf Bukhari launches 'Apni party'". The Times of India. 8 March 2020. Retrieved 8 March 2020.
- ^ a b "Altaf Bukhari launches Jammu and Kashmir Apni party, 31 leaders from PDP, NC, Congress to join". India Today. Asian News International. 8 March 2020.
- ^ "New domicile order for J&K came after Apni Party president Altaf Bukhari's parley with Centre". The New Indian Express.
- ^ "Srinagar Mayor Junaid Azim Mattu joins Apni Party". The Tribune India. Retrieved 28 November 2020.
- ^ "Junaid Azim Mattu Returns As Srinagar Mayor, 6 Months After He Was Removed". NDTV. Retrieved 28 November 2020.
- ^ "Newly elected Srinagar's mayor Junaid Azim Mattu joins J-K Apni Party". Yahoo News. Retrieved 28 November 2020.
- ^ Room, PTK News (4 April 2020). "Amending new domicile law a welcome step but our demand is restore statehood, protection of land.Rafi Mir".
- ^ "JKAP welcomes amendment to domicile order in Jammu and Kashmir, pledges to continue its struggle". Zee News. 4 April 2020.
- ^ "Altaf Bukhari floats Jammu and Kashmir Apni Party; outfit aims to restore statehood, ensure safe return of Kashmiri Pandits – Politics News , Firstpost". Firstpost. 8 March 2020.
- ^ KNS. "Apni Party Constitutes Youth Wing". www.knskashmir.com. Retrieved 21 May 2022.