|Industry||Banking, Finance, Investment Banking|
|Services||Consumer Banking, Corporate Banking, Investment Banking, Investment Management, Finance, Digital Financial Services, Branchless Banking, Business Banking, Loans, Savings and Financial Products|
|Revenue||Rs. 21.11 billion (US$73 million) (2022)|
|Rs. 2.13 billion (US$7.4 million) (2022)|
|Rs. 2.13 billion (US$7.4 million) (2022)|
|Total assets||Rs. 616.72 billion (US$2.1 billion) (2022)|
|Total equity||Rs. 21.547 billion (US$75 million) (2022)|
Number of employees
|Parent||Jahangir Siddiqui & Co.|
JS Bank Limited (JSBL) (جے ایس بینک لمیٹڈ) is a Pakistani commercial bank headquartered in Karachi, Pakistan. The bank is a prominent majority-owned subsidiary of JS Group. The bank was established in April 2007 as a result of the merger of two mega corporates, Jahangir Siddiqui Investment Bank Limited and American Express Bank. JS Bank Limited currently operates branches across Pakistan as well as an international branch in Manama, Bahrain.
The Pakistan Credit Rating Agency Limited (PACRA) maintains the long-term entity rating of JS Bank Limited (JSBL) to ‘AA-(Double A Minus). Meanwhile, short-term entity rating is maintained at ‘A1+’ (A One Plus).
JS Bank origins began with the acquisition of Citicorp Investment Bank Limited by Jahangir Siddiqui & Co. Limited on the 1st of February 1999 to form Jahangir Siddiqui Investment Bank Limited (JSIBL). JSIBL had a 60% stake in Citicorp giving it ownership of the organization and its operations in Pakistan. In 2007, JSIBL and American Express Bank Limited - Pakistan operations were merged resulting in the formation of the JS Bank. Jahangir Siddiqui & Co. maintained majority shares in the new company.
JS Bank holds the largest share in the disbursement of the Rozgar Refinance Scheme amounting to PKR 10.8 billion as per State Bank of Pakistan policy.
Awards and honours
- Best Environmental and Social Governance Bank - Pakistan Banking Awards 2017.
- In 2019, JS Bank became the first Pakistani financial institution to gain this accreditation from the Green Climate Fund.
- Certificate of Merit – Best Corporate Report Award 2019 by ICAP/ICMA.
- Best Bank for SMEs, Best Bank for CSR - Asiamoney Awards 2020.
- The bank won the Best Payment Technology/Solution Provider award for its Digital Traffic Challan Initiative at the 2019 DIGI Awards.
- SME Bank of the Year 2019, 2020, 2021 - Asian Banking and Finance Awards.
- JS Bank won the Asiamoney Awards 2020 for being ‘Best Bank for SMEs’ and ‘Best Bank for CSR.
- On 20 July 2020, the bank was recognized by the State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) for its role in driving home remittance.
- The bank has been further recognized by the State Bank of Pakistan as the best performer under the Rozgar Refinance Scheme, a concessional credit scheme for SME’s that ensure zero job layoffs during the Covid-19 worldwide Pandemic.
Products and Services
JS Bank products include personal banking including current accounts, savings accounts, mortgages, loans, lockers, credit cards, debit cards, and digital banking. Under the umbrella of business financing, the bank provides Corporate Banking, Commercial Banking, Investment Banking, Trade and SME solutions.
- Retail Banking
The bank provides various current and savings accounts; JS Her Current & Savings Account are designed especially for women which provide them with a specialized suite of banking benefits, preferential pricing, and free micro-critical illness cover for female-specific diseases.
- SME Banking
- Private Banking
JS Bank opened its Private Banking office at the Serena Business Centre in Islamabad in December 2021. This is the third office that has been inaugurated after Karachi and Lahore.
JS Private Banking facilitates priority customers with dedicated financial advisors who guide & assist in wealth management and estate planning among other things.
JS Bank follows a multi-channel platform approach, which includes JS Mobile and internet banking. Its offerings include JS Digi Cheque, the first of its kind digital cheque service in Pakistan which allows users of the Bank’s Mobile App to send e-cheques instantly.
Under the Roshan Digital Account program launched by State Bank of Pakistan, JS Bank allows Non-resident Pakistanis to open their Roshan Digital Accounts via WhatsApp, to provide convenience to the users.
The bank has launched an end-to-end digital account opening facility titled JS Blink which allows customers to open a complete checking account by either downloading JS Mobile or by visiting the JS Bank Website.
- Zindigi App
Zindigi, a digital banking application, powered by JS Bank was introduced with launch events in 13 cities across Pakistan. Available for both Android and iOS users, Zindigi is targeting millennials & Gen-Z, and showcases industry-first use cases like digital investments in stocks and mutual funds.
JS Global: Online Trading is a powerful and user-friendly trading app offered by JS Global Capital Limited, a leading financial services company in Pakistan. It provides access to a wide range of financial instruments, including stocks, bonds, and commodities, as well as research reports and market insights to help you make informed trading decisions.
With JS Global: Online Trading, you can trade from anywhere, anytime, with just a few taps on your smartphone or tablet. The app's intuitive interface makes it easy to place orders, monitor your portfolio, and stay up-to-date on the latest market news and trends.
Penalty imposed by the State Bank of Pakistan
In September 2019, the State Bank of Pakistan imposed penalties on a number of local institutions including JS Bank for deficiencies in customer due diligence. The bank’s departments where discrepancies were pointed out included asset quality, corporate governance, and AML/KYC. The bank was also advised timelines to enhance its processes for identification of Politically Expose Persons, customer risk profiling and transaction monitoring.
- "JS Bank Annual Report 2022" (PDF). jsbl.com. Retrieved 22 November 2023.
- https://jsbl.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/JS-Bank-Limited-Financial-Highlights-2015-to-2020.pdf[bare URL PDF]
- "Press Release".
- "JSBL stock market profile".
- "JS Bank Crosses Rs. 400 Billion in Deposits". 6 July 2020.
- "JS Bank : Crosses Rs. 400 Billion in Deposits - Press Release issued by JS Bank Limited | MarketScreener". 6 July 2020.
- "JS Bank leads in Rozgar schemed". The Express Tribune. 2020-07-09. Retrieved 2020-07-24.
- "Bank Alfalah declared best bank for 2017". 20 September 2017.
- "JS Bank accredited by the Green Climate Fund". 6 March 2019.
- Al-Saidi, Mohammad (2020). "Green Climate Fund (GCF): Role, Capacity Building, and Directions as a Catalyst for Climate Finance". Climate Action. Encyclopedia of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. pp. 555–564. doi:10.1007/978-3-319-95885-9_44. ISBN 978-3-319-95884-2. S2CID 241036334.
- "JS Bank Limited (Pakistan) (JSBank)". 2 February 2019.
- "JS Bank Secures Certificate of Merit at the Best Corporate Report Award 2019 : AsiaNet-Pakistan".
- "Pakistan's best bank for SMEs 2021: JS Bank". 22 March 2021.
- "JS Bank wins 'Best Bank for SMEs' award".
- "SBP recognizes JS Bank role in driving home remittance". 22 July 2020.
- "SBP Rozgar Scheme: JS Bank saves more than 90,000 jobs". 29 August 2020.
- "SBP Rozgar Scheme: JS Bank saves thousands of jobs". 25 August 2020.
- "Business Account In Pakistan | JSBL". JS Bank.
- "Personal Account In Pakistan | JSBL". JS Bank.
- "JS Her Savings Account". JS Bank.
- "JS Credit Card". JS Bank.
- "JS Bank partners with VISA". www.thenews.com.pk.
- "JS Her Current Account". JS Bank.
- "JS GoldFinance". JS Bank.
- Desk, News (March 17, 2020). "JS Gold Finance: Enabling businesses everywhere!". Global Village Space.
|first=has generic name (help)
- "'Best Bank for SME' - JS Bank Recognized for Third Consecutive Time at Asiamoney Awards 2021". 5 April 2021.
- "JS Khud Mukhtar". JS Bank.
- Desk, News (March 11, 2020). "JS Khud Mukhtar: Empowering women across Pakistan!". Global Village Space.
|first=has generic name (help)
- Release, Press (December 1, 2021). "JS Bank launches private banking office at Islamabad". Brecorder.
- "JS Private Banking". JS Bank.
- "JS Mobile – Faster. Smoother. Simpler". JS Bank.
- "JS Bank launches first digital cheque service". Brecorder. May 22, 2021.
- "JS Bank offers to open RDA accounts via WhatsApp". www.thenews.com.pk.
- "JS Bank | JS Blink". jsblink.jsbl.com.
- "JS Blink Digital Account". JS Bank.
- "JS Bank launches 'JS Blink'". www.thenews.com.pk.
- "Zindigi launch: Pakistan's first customizable digital financial experience. Powered by JS". January 19, 2022.
- "SBP Imposes Rs805m Monetary Fines On Banks".