- World Economic Forum 2018–2019 Global Competitiveness Report, ranked 2nd out of 141 countries
- World Economic Forum 2016 Global Enabling Trade Report ranked 22nd
- The Heritage Foundation and The Wall Street Journal 2018 Index of Economic Freedom ranked 17th out of 178 economies
- Fraser Institute Economic Freedom of the World 2019 Annual Report (Economic Freedom Ratings for 2017) ranked 5th out of 152 countries and territories 
- The Harvard Growth Lab ranked 12th in technological advancement, as of 2019.
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development 2015 Programme for International Student Assessment, ranked 38 of 79 in mathematics, 19 of 79 in science, 13 of 78 in reading
Among wealthy nations, a study on 2016 data found the United States ranked first for child deaths by automobile accident and firearm, with overall child mortality 57% higher in the U.S. than other high-income countries, although traffic deaths were decreasing.
- Transparency International 2019 Corruption Perceptions Index: ranked 23rd lowest out of 198 countries
- Reporters Without Borders 2022 Press Freedom Index: ranked 42nd out of 180 countries
- V-Dem Democracy indices: ranked 2023 27th out of 179 countries
- Democracy Index (The Economist): ranked 2022 30th out of 167 countries
- World Justice Project 2020 Rule of Law Index ranked 21st out of 128 countries and jurisdictions
Standard of Living
- List of countries by Human Development Index: ranked 13th out of 189 countries for 2018
- List of countries by inequality-adjusted HDI: ranked 25th out of 156 countries for 2018
- World Economic Forum weforum.org 2014–2015 Global Competitiveness Report
- World Economic Forum 2014 Global Enabling Trade Report
- The Heritage Foundation and The Wall Street Journal 2020 Index of Economic Freedom (XLS)
- The cities where most rich (and poor) kids end up as adults, and more!
- PISA 2018 Results: Combined Executive Summaries, Volumes I, II, & III (PDF) (Report). OECD. 2019. Retrieved November 24, 2022.
- "Study: Kids More Likely To Die From Cars And Guns In U.S. Than Elsewhere". NPR.org. Retrieved 2019-12-19.
- "Country Comparison: Life Expectancy at Birth". The World Factbook. CIA. Archived from the original on June 13, 2007.
- "2015 Global Peace Index" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2015-09-21. Retrieved 2015-08-18.
- Transparency International 2019 Corruption Perceptions Index
- Index 2022 – Global score, Reporters Without Borders
- Coppedge, Michael, John Gerring, Carl Henrik Knutsen, Staffan I. Lindberg, Jan Teorell, Nazifa Alizada, David Altman, Michael Bernhard, Agnes Cornell, M. Steven Fish, Lisa Gastaldi, Haakon Gjerløw, Adam Glynn, Allen Hicken, Garry Hindle, Nina Ilchenko, Joshua Krusell, Anna Lührmann, Seraphine F. Maerz, Kyle L. Marquardt, Kelly McMann, Valeriya Mechkova, Juraj Medzihorsky, Pamela Paxton, Daniel Pemstein, Josefine Pernes, Johannes von Römer, Brigitte Seim, Rachel Sigman, Svend-Erik Skaaning, Jeffrey Staton, Aksel Sundström, Eitan Tzelgov, Yi-ting Wang, Tore Wig, Steven Wilson and Daniel Ziblatt. 2021. "V-Dem [Country–Year/Country–Date] Dataset v11.1" Varieties of Democracy (V-Dem) Project. https://doi.org/10.23696/vdemds21.
- Economist Intelligence Unit 
- "WJP Rule of Law Index® 2018-2019". data.worldjusticeproject.org. Retrieved 2020-06-25.
- Human Development Report 2021-22: Uncertain Times, Unsettled Lives: Shaping our Future in a Transforming World (PDF). United Nations Development Programme. 8 September 2022. pp. 272–276. ISBN 978-9-211-26451-7. Archived (PDF) from the original on 8 September 2022. Retrieved 8 September 2022.
- Human Development Reports, Composite indices — HDI and beyond (2015) 87