Prime Minister of Pakistan House
|Prime Minister House|
|Owner||Government of Pakistan|
|Floor area||137.5 acres (55.6 ha)|
|Number of rooms||100+|
Prime Minister House is the official residence of Prime Minister of Pakistan. Previously, it was purposed as a think tank in 2018 which will provide policy advice to the government of Pakistan. It is located in Islamabad, Pakistan.
The think tank shall provide research on governance, development, technology, and climate change. It will give policy advice to the federal cabinet and research advice for the Higher Education Commission.
In December 2018, it was proposed to convert the residence of the Prime Minister of Pakistan into a research university. In first phase, the Institute of Advanced Studies for the research would be established. In any case, it would not provide degree programs to students but may offer doctorates to promote research in the future.
- "Austerity Ka Mahaaz - Prime Minister House is a palace of luxuries and amenities".
- "PM House: Back to square one". www.thenews.com.pk.
- Abbasi, Kashif (23 December 2018). "PM House university may not offer degree programmes". DAWN.COM.
- "PM House expansion to cost a packet - The Express Tribune". 24 December 2016.
- Dawn.com (21 December 2018). "PM formally initiates conversion of PM House into a university". DAWN.COM.
- "Can Imran avoid staying at PM House?".