Barron's Finance & Investment Handbook states: "Traditionally, gold and real estate have a reputation as good inflation hedges, though growth in stocks also can offset inflation in the long run. Money market funds, which pay higher yields as interest rates rise during inflation times, can also be a good inflation hedge."
Platinum, once considered to be a more speculative metal for investors, has turned out in the 2020's to be a metal seen as a hedge against inflation similar or superior to gold, silver, or Bitcoin.
- John Downes & Jordan Elliot Goodman, Barron's Finance & Investment Handbook (6th ed.: Barron's Educational Series, 2003), p. 496.
- Brockman, Katie. "Is Bitcoin a Good Inflation Hedge?". www.fool.com/. The Motley Fool. Retrieved 8 December 2021.
- Partsinevelos, Kristina. "Redditors eye silver as hedge against inflation". www.cnbc.com/. CNBC. Retrieved 8 December 2021.
- Creamer, Martin. "Many seeing platinum as hard asset, potential inflation hedge – WPIC". www.miningweekly.com. Creamer Media Mining Weekly. Retrieved 8 March 2022.
- "Gold vs. Platinum: Which Is A Better Investment?". finance.yahoo.com. Yahoo Finance. Retrieved 8 March 2022.