|Holy Cross Girls' High School|
হলি ক্রস উচ্চ বালিকা বিদ্যালয়
|Other names||Holy Cross School (HCS)|
|Religious affiliation(s)||Catholic Church|
(Sisters of the Holy Cross)
|School board||Dhaka Education Board|
|Headmistress||Sr. Kolpona Costa,Sr.Sheshanti Nokrek|
|Grades||1 to 10|
|Language||Bangla and English|
|Color(s)||Maroon and Light Gray|
|Song||হে মোদের প্রিয় বিদ্যাপীঠ|
Holy Cross Girls' High School is a Catholic primary and secondary school for girls, located at Tejgaon in Dhaka, Bangladesh. It serves students from class 1 through class 10. Although run by the Roman Catholic Church, the school is open to students of all religions.
The Sisters of the Holy Cross started Holy Cross Girls' High School near the Holy Rosary Church in 1951 as a kindergarten with two students. The next year it became a primary school. Later it was accredited by the Dhaka Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education as a secondary school serving students through class 10. The first batch of students from the school sat their Secondary School Certificate (SSC) examinations in 1966. By that time, the school had humanities and science sections. It opened a commerce section in 1999.
Awards and recognition
- Gomej, Rani Cathrine (2012). "Holy Cross Girls' High School". In Islam, Sirajul; Jamal, Ahmed A. (eds.). Banglapedia: National Encyclopedia of Bangladesh (Second ed.). Asiatic Society of Bangladesh.
- "Education - Bangladesh". Sisters of the Holy Cross.
- "Holy Cross Science Fair". Star Campus. The Daily Star. 27 April 2008.
- "Dhaka's top 10 schools". The Daily Star. 10 July 2005.
- "Viqarunnisa, Ideal, Monipur school on top". The Daily Star. 13 June 2007.
- "Rajuk school the best". The Daily Star. 16 May 2010.