The related changes feature (found in the "Tools" menu of the desktop version) lists all recent changes in pages linking to the current page, or to which the current page has a link. The page name can also be entered at Special:RecentChangesLinked, or specified in a link like Special:RecentChangesLinked/Apollo.
This feature can be used to set up custom watchlist-like functionality. It behaves like a watchlist, which would contain every page to which the current page linked. However, Related Changes do not automatically include talk pages; for the talk pages to be automatically included, the page to which Related Changes is applied has to link to these pages. See Help:Public watchlist for details.
A maximum age and number of edits can be chosen, up to 30 days and 1000 edits. The default is 7 days and 50 edits. It can also be changed in the right side of a currently viewed Related changes page.
"Hide minor edits from recent changes" can be set.
See also Help:Preferences#Recent changes.
- Changes to the current page itself are not listed. Click the "View history" tab to see them.
- Changes to transcluded pages like templates are not listed, unless there is also a link to or from the page. Except for navigation templates, there are usually no such links.
- For links to redirects, only a change in the redirect is given, not a change in the target article. In this regard a direct link to the target article is superior.
- Changes to used files and their file pages are not shown if the file is hosted at Wikimedia Commons.
- When applying the feature to a subpage, the automatic link to the parent page is ignored, i.e., changes in the parent page are not listed unless there is also an explicit link.