|Revenue||Rs. 12.25 billion (US$42 million) (2022)|
|Rs. 1.80 billion (US$6.2 million) (2022)|
|Rs. 1.23 billion (US$4.3 million) (2022)|
|Total assets||Rs. 142.53 billion (US$490 million) (2022)|
Number of employees
|Parent||Habib Bank Limited|
HBL Microfinance Bank Ltd, Pakistan (HBL MfB) is the largest microfinance bank of Pakistan, headquartered in the country’s capital, Islamabad. HBL MfB operates over 200 locations all over Pakistan. It is one of the oldest microfinance bank in the country with its roots in the credit and saving section of the Agha Khan Rural Support Program (AKRSP). The Bank offers a suite of conventional and digital banking products for its customers.
HBL Microfinance Bank (HBL MfB), formerly The First MicroFinanceBank Ltd, Pakistan (FMFB-P), was established in 2002 as a nation-wide microfinance bank, licensed by the State Bank of Pakistan. HBL MfB was created through a structured transformation of the credit and savings section of the Aga Khan Rural Support Programme (AKRSP), an integrated development programme to pioneer the microfinance sector in the country since 1982 in Gilgit-Baltistan and Chitral.
HBL MfB was established with the mission to respond to poverty and contributes to the social and economic well-being of society by providing opportunities to thousands of under-privileged households. Through targeted financial and multi-sectoral products and services based on the evolving needs of the unbanked and disenfranchised segments of the society, HBL MfB enables its clients to strengthen their entrepreneurial base and build financial, physical, and human capital to secure their future. Currently, HBL has a majority share-holding of 76.42% in HBL MfB.
|Habib Bank Limited (HBL)||76.42%|
|Aga Khan Agency for Microfinance (AKAM)||14.16%|
|Aga Khan Rural Support Programme (AKRSP)||5.23%|
|Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA)||4.19%|
- "Habib Microfinance Bank Annual Report 2022" (PDF). hblmfb.com. Retrieved 22 November 2023.
- "Shareholders | HBL Microfinance Bank Ltd". Archived from the original on 2019-12-18.
- "About FMFB | HBL Microfinance Bank Ltd". Archived from the original on 2019-12-13.
- Reporter, The Newspaper's Staff (2016-05-26). "Habib Bank acquires 51pc FMFB shares". DAWN.COM. Retrieved 2021-05-11.
- "HBL Microfinance Bank Annual Report 2022" (PDF). www.hblmfb.com. 31 December 2022. Retrieved 22 November 2023.