This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Founded||August 31, 1957Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sulin|
|Founder||Maurício Sirotsky Sobrinho|
|Rio Grande do Sul|
|Eduardo Sirotsky Melzer|
|R$ 1,38 billion  (2012)|
Number of employees
Grupo RBS is a Brazilian media conglomerate founded on August 31, 1957 by Maurício Sirotsky Sobrinho. One of Brazil’s largest communication groups, it is also the largest one affiliated with TV Globo. The media group is made up by radio and television stations as well as newspapers and online news portals, which deliver journalistic and entertainment content. Along with its more than 6,000 employees, Grupo RBS constitutes the second largest company in Brazil when it comes to the number of journalists employed.
Grupo RBS owns 12 broadcasting TV stations affiliated to Rede Globo (RBS TV), 2 local broadcasting TV stations (TVCOM Florianópolis and OCTO OC Porto Alegre), 24 radio stations (Rádio Gaúcha, Rádio Atlântida, Rádio Itapema, Rádio Cidade, Rádio Farroupilha, Rádio CBN Porto Alegre, Rádio CBN Diário, Rádio Rural), and 8 newspapers (Zero Hora, Diário Gaúcho, Pioneiro, Diário de Santa Maria, Diário Catarinense, Hora de Santa Catarina, Jornal de Santa Catarina, A Notícia).
Grupo RBS also operates a digital company, e.Bricks Digital, made up of technology enterprises through which the media group makes itself present in areas such as technology and digital media, mobile and segment-specific e-commerce.
Grupo RBS has yet other branches of operation: HSM (executive education, media and events company) – Digital Product Development unit – Kzuka (aimed at young audiences) – Events – RBS Publicações (book publishing) – Orbeat Music (record company) – Mídia Gráfica (printing) – Vialog (logistics company) – Fundação Maurício Sirotsky Sobrinho (social trust).
Grupo RBS’ institutional campaigns
This section needs to be updated.(August 2019)
Institutional campaigns are one of Grupo RBS’ most traditional actions and one of its most important social investment traditions. Nonprofit and noncommercial whatsoever, these are great social mobilization campaigns which involve all of the company's multimedia platforms, as well as it co-workers, and include branches such as editorial (News broadcast/published by the group's media outlets) advertising (advertisements carried on all media) and institutional (mobilization actions alongside government and community agents).
In recent years, RBS has raised its voice on a variety of issues such as road safety, child protection and crack abuse prevention. These campaigns have achieved countless results, among which stand out the establishment of a Child and Youth Debate Day, already in its 10th year; a partnership set out with the National Justice Council for the country-wide airing of the Crack, Nem Pensar (Don't Even Think About Crack) campaign in 2011 (the crack abuse prevention campaign); and the establishment of the Instituto Crack, Nem Pensar (The Don't Even Think About Crack Institute), based in Porto Alegre.
Love is the Best Inheritance, Take Care of the Kids
The institutional campaign "O Amor é a Melhor Herança, Cuide das Crianças" (Love is the Best Inheritance, Take Care of the Kids) was launched in June 2003, and had intended to highlight the importance of care that the society must have with kids and teens. This campaign also featured the presence of five friendly monsters and her cubs: the Devil, the Bogeyman, the Witch, the Headless Mule and the Black Face Ox. At the end of 2003, join the sixth monster, the Bad Wolf with their puppies.
Education Needs Answers
The institutional campaign “A Educação Precisa de Respostas” (Education Needs Answers) was launched in 2012 as a wide-range society mobilization campaign. Led by Grupo RBS, it aims at bringing forward discussion groups and the search for solutions to elevate the level of primary education across Brazil and specially within Rio Grande do Sul and Santa Catarina states. The campaign was carried on as a partnership with Fundação Maurício Sirotsky Sobrinho (FMSS) and took on three lines of action: editorial, advertising and institutional. This campaign also sets education as the main focus of Grupo RBS’ social investment, hereby reinforcing the company's historic compromise towards sustained development within the communities in which it makes itself present.
Grupo RBS’ educational campaign will take on a new phase in 2013. Education-related subjects will continue to be featured as a main editorial concern within RBS’ media outlets while new institutional actions shall promote even more community-based mobilization and engagement towards the cause throughout the year.
- RBS TV
- TVCOM (Florianópolis only)
- OCTO OC
- Farroupilha AM+FM
- Rural AM
- CBN 1340, Porto Alegre
- Rede Gaúcha Sat
- Itapema FM
- Rede Atlântida
- CBN Diário, Florianópolis
Rio Grande do Sul
- Farroupilha AM on frequency 680 kHz AM
- 92 FM on frequency 92.1 MHz FM
- CBN Porto Alegre AM, Porto Alegre on frequency 1.340 kHz AM
- Rádio Gaúcha Porto Alegre, on frequency 600 kHz FM and on frequency 93,7 MHz FM; Santa Maria, on frequency 105,7 MHz FM; Caxias do Sul, on frequency 102,7 MHz FM
- Rádio 102.3 FM Porto Alegre, on frequency 102,3 MHz FM
- Rede Atlântida
Rio Grande do Sul
- Atlântida Caxias do Sul - 105,7 MHz
- Atlântida Passo Fundo - 97,1 MHz
- Atlântida Pelotas - 95,3 MHz
- Atlântida Porto Alegre - 94,3 MHz
- Atlântida Rio Grande - 102,1 MHz
- Atlântida Santa Cruz - 93,3 MHz
- Atlântida Santa Maria - 94,3 MHz
- Atlântida Tramandaí - 104,7 MHz
- Atlântida Blumenau - 102,7 MHz
- Atlântida Joinville - 104,3 MHz
- Atlântida Chapecó - 99,3 MHz
- Atlântida Criciúma - 97,3 MHz
- Atlântida Florianópolis - 100,9 MHz
- CBN Diário Florianópolis on frequency 740 kHz AM
- Zero Hora
- Diário Gaúcho
- Diário de Santa Maria
- Diário Catarinense
- Jornal de Santa Catarina
- Hora de Santa Catarina
- A Notícia
- O Sol Diário; a supplement for the group's Santa Catarina newspapers inserted in the editions destined for the Itajaí micro-region and displaying regional news articles.
- Pense Imóveis
- Pense Carros
- Pense Empregos
- Guia Da Semana
- Grupo .Mobi
- Wine Vinhos
- Book publisher: RBS Publicações
- Record company: Orbeat Music
- Trust: Fundação Maurício Sirotsky Sobrinho
- "Presidente do Grupo RBS, Duda Sirotsky, o Marinho do Sul, mira a internet - Compra, venda, fusão e aquisição, franquias e exemplos empreendedores". Archived from the original on 2013-12-28. Retrieved 2019-08-12.
- "Grupo RBS". Archived from the original on 2012-10-24. Retrieved 2013-03-27.
- (in Portuguese) Official Site