Griffith High School (Indiana)
|Griffith High School|
600 North Wiggs Street
|Coordinates||41°31′53″N 87°26′15″W / 41.53139°N 87.43750°WCoordinates: 41°31′53″N 87°26′15″W / 41.53139°N 87.43750°W|
|Type||Public high school|
|School district||Griffith Public Schools|
|Teaching staff||43.01 (FTE)|
|Student to teacher ratio||17.25|
|Athletics conference||Northwest Crossroads Conference|
|Rivals||Calumet High School|
Munster High School
Highland High School
Griffith High School is a public high school located in Griffith, Indiana.
Griffith High School was founded in the mid-1900s after the space at the former high school became overcrowded.
The demographic breakdown of the 901 students enrolled for the 2012–2013 school year was:
- Male - 47.4%
- Female - 52.6%
- Native American/Alaskan - 0.2%
- Asian/Pacific islander - 1.2%
- Black - 20.6%
- Hispanic - 23.4%
- White - 53.3%
- Multiracial - 1.3%
In addition, 45.6% of the students qualified for free or reduced lunch.
Griffith is part of the Northwest Crossroads Conference. They compete under the name "Panthers" and the school colors are black and gold. The following sports are offered at Griffith:
- Baseball (boys)
- Cross country
- Football (boys)
- State champions - 1997
- Gymnastics (girls)
- Softball (girls)
- Volleyball (girls)
- Wrestling (boys)
- ^ a b c "Griffith Senior High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved May 18, 2021.
- ^ a b "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for Griffith Senior High School". ed.gov. Retrieved 5 June 2015.
- ^ "IHSAA 2014-2015 School directory" (pdf). ihsaa.org. IHSAA. p. 61. Retrieved 4 June 2015.
- ^ "IHSAA State Championships by School". ihsaa.org. IHSAA. Archived from the original on 13 May 2016. Retrieved 4 June 2015.