|Product type||Luxury writing instruments|
Graf von Faber-Castell is a brand of fine writing instruments from the German stationery manufacturer Faber-Castell. It includes a line of pencils, mechanical pencils, fountain pens, and rollerball pens. Currently, the Graf von Faber-Castell line includes high end writing instruments made with luxury materials such as ebony, resin, and ivory.
Graf von Faber-Castell sells the "Perfect Pencil", a sort of pencil extender with an integrated sharper. The end of the pencil houses an eraser, and has a metal cap. Placing the pencil with the point in the extender makes it possible to then use the extender's clip on a pocket, without worrying about the pencil marking clothes or making holes. There are several versions of the Perfect Pencil, in plastic, platinum-plated metal, and sterling silver.
Graf von Faber-Castell sells 0.7mm twist action mechanical pencils. The barrel of the mechanical pencils are encased with precious woods or resins.
Graf von Faber-Castell offers a variety of fountain pens. Graf von Faber-Castell fountain pens employ a cartridge/converter filling system, which allows the pen to be filled with ink using either an ink bottle or with self-contained, hassle free cartridges. The models offered come in a variety of finishes, such as wood, lacquered metal, amongst other finishes. Fountain pen nibs are either 18K gold nibs, or polished stainless steel with a hard-wearing iridium metal tip.
Graf von Faber-Castell also sells twist action ballpoint pens, with a similar system to its mechanical pencil. These often belong to a line of products, completing the set of fountain pens, ballpoint pens, rollerballs and mechanical pencils.
There have also been variations for the casings. The classic series offers slow growth hard wood surfaces in ebony, pernambuco and grenadilla. The Intuition series offers glossy black resin, the Guilloche series offer craved dyed resin in coral, indigo, sahara, and black, as well as several woods.
"Pen of the Year"
Since 2003, the Graf von Faber-Castell line has included limited edition fountain pens named the "Pen of the Year". These are highly regarded due to their materials, fine craftsmanship and limited production. Each has a nib of 18 carat bicolor gold with a barrel of exotic materials.
- 2003-2012 Natures Luxury series
- 2003 "Pen of the Year" - snakewood
- 2004 "Pen of the Year" - amber and platinum
- 2005 "Pen of the Year" - stingray leather
- 2006 "Pen of the Year" - ebony and mammoth ivory
- 2007 "Pen of the Year" - primeval fossil
- 2008 "Pen of the Year" - Indian satinwood
- 2009 "Pen of the Year" - horsehair
- 2010 "Pen of the Year" - carved carbonized leather
- 2011 "Pen of the Year" - jade, MSRP 3500 USD
- 2012 "Pen of the Year" - ancient oak
- 2014-2022 Pillars of History series
- 2014 Catherine Palace
- 2015 "Sanssouci" - green Silesian serpentines
- 2016 "Schloss Schönbrunn Vienna"
- 2017 "Vikings"
- 2018 "Imperium Romanum"
- 2019 "Samurai"
- 2020 "Sparta"
- 2021 "Knights"
- 2022 "Aztec"
- Graf von Faber-Castell on Iguana Sell, September 24, 2020