Government of Punjab, Pakistan
The Punjab province is the country's most populous region and is home to the Punjabis and various other groups. Neighbouring areas are Sindh to the south, Balochistan and Federally Administered Tribal Areas to the west, the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (formerly North West Frontier Province (NWFP)), Azad Kashmir, Indian Jammu, Kashmir, Ladakh and Islamabad to the north, and Indian Punjab and Rajasthan to the east. The main languages are Punjabi and Urdu and the provincial capital is Lahore. The name Punjab literally translates from Persian into the words 'Panj' (پانج) five, and 'Aab' (آب) water respectively, which can be translated as "five water" (hence the poetic name land of the five rivers), referring to the Beas, Ravi, Sutlej, Chenab and Jhelum rivers. Part of the Indus river also lies in Punjab, but it is not considered one of the "five" rivers.
There are 41 departments in the Punjab government. Each Department is headed by a provincial Minister (elected member of the provincial assembly) and a provincial Secretary (a civil servant of usually BPS-20, 21, or BPS-22). All ministers report to the Chief Minister, who is the Chief Executive; and all secretaries report to Chief Secretary Punjab, who is a BPS-22 grade bureaucrat. The Chief Secretary is appointed by the Prime Minister of Pakistan.
In addition to these departments, there are several Autonomous Bodies and Attached Departments that report directly to either the Secretaries or the Chief Secretary. Punjab is the largest Province by population. For better management, Sub Secretariat and Additional Inspector General (IG) South Punjab office in Multan was established by the government.
- Governor of Punjab, Pakistan
- Chief Minister of Punjab (Pakistan)
- Speaker of the Provincial Assembly of Punjab
- Leader of the Opposition Punjab
- Chief Secretary Punjab
- Provincial Assembly of the Punjab
- Flag of Punjab, Pakistan
- Constitution of Pakistan
- Prime Minister of Pakistan
- President of Pakistan
- Supreme Court of Pakistan
- Capital of Pakistan
- Punjab Irrigation Department
- "Federal cabinet appoints Kamran Ali Afzal as Punjab chief secretary, Sardar Ali Khan as Punjab IGP". Dawn (newspaper). 7 September 2021. Retrieved 7 September 2021.
- "Provincial Departments | Punjab Portal". punjab.gov.pk. Archived from the original on 2015-01-23. Retrieved 2014-07-22.
- "Punjab Assembly". www.pap.gov.pk. Archived from the original on 30 July 2018. Retrieved 6 June 2020.
- Government of the Punjab official website
- Official facebook page
- Information For Punjab Employees
- LATEST PUNJABI NEWS