Government College of Applied Human Science
|Govt. College of Applied Human Science|
|Campus||Azimpur, Green Road, Lalmatia, Dhaka|
|Affiliations||University of Dhaka|
Government College of Applied Human Science is a government college formerly known as the College of Home Economics.
American Ford Foundation & Oklahoma State University, USA and the government of East Pakistan started the college in the year 1961 with just twenty-five students. This is the first college of Bangladesh for studying home economics. Mrs Hamida Khanam was the founder principal of this college.
|1961||College of Home Economics established. College started with just twenty-five students. Mrs Hamida Khanam is the founder principal of the College of Home Economics|
|1963||First curriculum for M.Sc. course in Home Economics completed.|
|1973||Introduced B.Sc. honours courses in Home Economics.|
|1985||Introduced B.Sc. honours courses in five subjects of Home Economics discipline.|
|1986||College celebrated its Silver Jubilee.|
|1988||First curriculum for the M.Sc. course in five subjects of Home Economics discipline was started|
|2001||College celebrated 40 years of the college.|
|2002||Introduced 4 yr. B.Sc. honours (course system) courses in five subjects of Home Economics discipline.|
|2006||4 yr. B.Sc. and M.S. (course system) courses in five subjects of Home Economics discipline.|
|2010||This is a year of Golden Jubilee.|
The college campuses are located at Azimpur, Lalmatia, Green Road of Dhaka and Mymensingh. The Azimpur campus having Total campus 10.3 acres of land. there are 21 classrooms, 5 seminar room, 8 laboratory, 1 Library in Azimpur campus etc in Azimpur campus.
Level of education is HSC, B.Sc (Hons.) & M.S. there are 5 Honours Department. This courses are conducted under Biology Faculty of the University of Dhaka.
There are five departments in five major area of home economics:-
- Food and Nutrition
- Resource Management and Entrepreneurship
- Child Development and Social Relationship
- Art and Creative Studies
- Clothing and Textile
Admission test is conducted by Faculty of Biological Science of the University of Dhaka. A thousand of students can get admitted each year for B.Sc Course in this college.
There is no separate admission test for HSC admission.
- Bibi Russell
- Nasim Ferdous, Ambassador to Indonesia (2002–2006), earned her master's degree in 1975.
- Siddika Kabir
- ^ "Shahnaz Sumi: From minor characters to lead actress". The Business Standard. 2022-06-22. Retrieved 2022-11-13.
- ^ "Home Economics College". Banglapedia. Retrieved 2017-08-23.
- ^ Tanim. "College of Home Economics". www.govhec.edu.bd. Retrieved 2017-08-23.
- ^ ঢাকা বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়. admission.eis.du.ac.bd (in Bengali). Archived from the original on 2015-02-24. Retrieved 2017-08-23.
- ^ "Home Economics College Admission Result, Circular 2014-15 Govhec.edu.bd". www.results.com.bd. Retrieved 2017-08-23.
- ^ Islam, Kajalie Shehreen (27 February 2004). "Weaver of Coloured Dreams". Star Magazine.
- ^ Lohani, Nusmila (20 March 2022). "Nasim Firdaus: Meet country's first female career diplomat". The Business Standard.